+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is the funniest line ever by a Cardiff player?

What is the funniest line ever by a Cardiff player?

I think my favourite had to be one evening (I think it was a Monday evening) I was down the pub. Some guy at the bar had the South Wales Echo out and City fans nearby gathered around to hear the news. It was the match after Leo Fortune West did his Cruyff turn, after he appeared boxed in by the corner flag.

Interviewer asked something “Were you surprised you pulled it off?” or something to that effect. His dry answer was a classic: “Well, no because I know I’ve always had the skill”.

Pissing our sides laughing, knowing he was doing that tongue in cheek. “Leo, do the Leo!”. Top man.

Re: What is the funniest line ever by a Cardiff player?

This is a massive club

Every new player we sign

Méïté calling himself a striker. Just one goal scored since he signed last July.

Danny Malloy. "..I've chinned him.."

Might have the wrong players but it went along the lines of;
    During contract negotiations, the players were going into the manager’s office one by one, Trevor Ford goes in, gets it sorted and comes out and tells Alf Sherwood, ‘I’ve got £12 quid a week during the season and a tenner in the summer’. Sherwood goes in and is offered a tenner during the season and £8 during the summer, he complains that it’s not as much as Ford’s. The manager replies, ‘Ford is a better player than you’. Sherwood replies, ‘Not in the f*cking summer!’.

whittingham when he interviewed Tan after a bad run of games. His first question without much thought was "are you enjoying the matches so far?". Tan just didnt know what to say.

Gary Bell telling the Chairman at the time that he should come to the boardroom window, as Phil Stant is very upset with him , and was taking a dump on the top if his Rolls Royce.

Not the funniest and not by a City player but, for the FA cup semi final in 2008, the players wives and partners made a video wishing them good luck, which was played on the coach on the way. Peter Whittingham's girlfriend's message said "if you don't win, don't come home!"

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gary Bell telling the Chairman at the time that he should come to the boardroom window, as Phil Stant is very upset with him , and was taking a dump on the top if his Rolls Royce.
    Where was he taking it to?