+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Agents Fees - wow

Agents Fees - wow

Re: Agents Fees - wow

Obscene amounts, Chelsea £75m spent more than the 72 EFL clubs combined
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68794902

Its just a part of football nowadays. Hand wringing wont change it.

Assuming these figures are correct Leeds ,Leicester and Southampton are way above anyone else. (Do we need to spend more on agents? )
    Be interesting to see a league table (Eric) , most of the teams in the play offs have spent a few quid as well .
    What on earth have Stoke been doing?

Not only did Chelsea spend £75 million on agents fees but spent almost £750 million on transfer fees. It is mind boggling what some Clubs are spending.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68805247

I as speaking about this with a member of Bath's staff, Bath paid Zero to agents, Gerry ( the manager ) doesnt believe in them

but interesting that yeovil who have won the league have spent £41,492, thats a top Nat league south strikers wages for the season

I suppose that for balance, we need to understand the role of an agent. I get what they do in the most simpllistic of terms, but after that i don't have a clue. Some clubs actually court agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I suppose that for balance, we need to understand the role of an agent. I get what they do in the most simpllistic of terms, but after that i don't have a clue. Some clubs actually court agents.
    I have asked this before, done some research, as I jokingly said I wouldnt mind becoming one ( easy money for negotiation of a new contract I thought ) , they also deal with any issues the player has with the club, if the player needs specific food provided, a specific type S&C conditioning, I was told to think of them as the " baby sitter " for the player, any issue they have, the player tells the agent, the agent then speaks to the club, now this seemed like the player was being pampered and treated like a child, but it seems the players think the agent is getting paid, so why not use them, even though it would be far easier for the player to speak to the " clubs management team " and deal with the issues themselves