Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
An entire research paperon it is here, written by an unfortunately named Mr Wank

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4205566

The murder of the heir to the throne was a flashpoint trigger but not the main reason. Competition for those logistical routes were key for planned expansion for Germany and Austro-Hungarian empire. You’re not wrong in saying what you say. England was friends with Germany, but couldn’t let Germany/Austro-Hungarian get stronger. Access to those fields would give the Ottomans, Germans and Austro-Hungarians unlimited fuel supplies to their military. The Sanjak railway was the first warning signal of Austro-Hungarian desires for expansion.

I didn’t know that until about ten years ago. I read a book called The Raven of Zurich by Felix Somary. Nowadays you would pay a few grand for that book but a trader friend scanned it all for me for free, as he had readit three times ans is a hell of a financial trader.

Felix Somary was a Swiss Banker who moved money for the rich and governments. He finaced major constructions projecfs but also advised the US, UK and European governments. He was a cross betwern The Rothchilds and Henry Kissinger I suppose. Whenever bankers, central bankers, politicians or major programmes had issues he would be called and paid fees.

But he was also a trader and speculator. He had inside info and profited from it. If you want to connect dots between politics, trading, currencies, gold etc it is the book to read. Incredible. He wrote in that book that hs knew the furore over the Sankaj railway was a signal for him to leave Switzerland for the US, buy gold and Norwegian currency, and knew war was coming. He also saw the Russo-Turkish war, Russo-Japan wars and second world war, and predicted them all.
Sounds like a fascinating guy.
Why would his book not be available?
It’s got some great reviews on Goodreads.