In the Championship, only Rotherham and Birmingham have lost more games than us. Only Rotherham have scored fewer goals than us. Only Rotherham, Birmingham, Blackburn and Wednesday have conceded more than us. Those are really grim stats.

However, we have somehow managed to win 11 of those 29 games to sit 12th in the form table since that win. We've somehow won 11 games out of 29 and only scored 25 goals. Every side that has won 11 of their last 29 across all 4 divisions has scored mid 30s as a minimum, around half have scored over 40 goals to win those 11 games.

I can't say it is unheard of that 25 goals would win you 11 games, but I think it's safe to assume it's a bit of a rarity. Under Cyril Spiers we managed 12 wins in 29 games and only scored 25 goals in 1949/50, but our average number of wins having scored 25 goals in 29 games is just under 7 wins.

I think we can consider ourselves a bit fortunate to still be in the top half. When we lose, it's usually quite convincing. Our last 12 defeats have been by 2 or more goals, whereas our last 11 wins have been by 1 goal, with 7 of those wins coming very late on in games. I know some don't care how we win, but there has been little convincing about our results for several months now. Wins have generally been pinched, defeats have been comfortable for the opposition. I don't see that as much of an improvement, other than being able to pinch some wins late on.

Some will say that 11th is a big achievement, I'm not so sure I agree as I don't think there's a great deal of strength in the Championship beyond the top 5-6. From where we were after that Bristol City game, nobody can say we're playing better football, scoring more goals or getting better results than we were back then. I don't see there's been any positive progression during the season, quite the opposite, which is why I'm more than sceptical of Bulut getting a new contract. Some will say he's not had money to play with, but all managers want good transfer budgets. That's not going to happen.