+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Go or stay
    Answer as a fan or put yourself in the shoes of Tan.

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Yes , give him another season then we can make a fairer assessment .....fan

Sack him ......tan

Our biggest issue is the midfield.
    He has given Ralls and Wintle new contracts.
    He signed Turnbull and doesn’t see him as an automatic starter.
    What do you think will be different in our midfield next season?

Stay.

If were him though, I'd be telling Vincent Tan and the fans to "stick your club up your arse.".

How we got so many points is head scratching most games we have been totally out played out fought and out thought. The home games have been unbelievably poor. I've renewed for next season hoping there will be someone in charge who can at least get there team playing a style of football that City supporters deserve.I don't think Bulut is the answer. It's a go from me

We’ve stolen some games to make our league position more comfortable than it deserves to be. I don’t want to witness the mind numbing dross we have seen this season. I hope Tan gets rid.

Get rid of Bulut.

As mentioned by 'BLUEAWAY TOO', he's rewarded Wintle and Ralls with extensions on their contracts; £2m on a midfielder who warms our bench.

Bulut's football is mind-numbingly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Get rid of Bulut.

As mentioned by 'BLUEAWAY TOO', he's rewarded Wintle and Ralls with extensions on their contracts; £2m on a midfielder who warms our bench.

Bulut's football is mind-numbingly boring.
    I’m at the stage where I just feel “please make it stop!” Can’t wait for this season to end. It’s all been said about Bulut. Horrible football.

Someone on Twitter suggested Bulut has laid the foundations for next season. My response was that if those foundations are Wintle, Ralls and Turnbull, we've got problems. Phillips will go back to Liverpool and McGuinness isn't really quite up to Phillips' standard, decent though he is. Colwill apart, there's no-one up front really fit to wear the shirt when Grant returns to West Brom.

So what happens during the summer? I can't see Vinnie spending much because of FFP, so like lots of other Championship clubs we'll be looking in the bargain bin.

So what exactly are our foundations if it doesn't mean another season of the same football?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I’m at the stage where I just feel “please make it stop!” Can’t wait for this season to end. It’s all been said about Bulut. Horrible football.
    Me too and don't give a feck who the manager is at the moment as it's easy to blame them on the product and to an extent fair enough - but for me I'm more concerned that yet again an apparently successful business man has no plan for the club - it's pathetic yet still want us to handover our hard earned coin - how can he and his horsemen of the apocalypse be so impotent after so long in charge seemingly not having learnt one football lesson along the way - tossers

Our manager seems to be 'playing' to the fans, even saying he'll play a different type of game next season. The Wintle & Ralls contracts say it all for me, plus playing Turnbull as a no10.

How often this season - irrespective if results - could you have said after the game 'overall, we were the better team'.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Our manager seems to be 'playing' to the fans, even saying he'll play a different type of game next season. The Wintle & Ralls contracts say it all for me, plus playing Turnbull as a no10.

How often this season - irrespective if results - could you have said after the game 'overall, we were the better team'.
    Funnily enough, I've just said the same on Twitter. Looking ahead to next season, what improvements have we had over the last 4/5 months to make anyone think next season will be better? I know football is a results business but I feel we've been on a downward spiral after a good start to the season, one punctuated with the odd last minute win. If it hadn't been for our injury time heroics over the last few months, things would be very different. We cannot keep relying on pinching games. It will stop happening.

Very interesting thread, when you have to actually answer the question. We're split in our house. Go from me, stay for my lad.

Stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Very interesting thread, when you have to actually answer the question. We're split in our house. Go from me, stay for my lad.
    It’s funny, the Twitter polls I’ve seem to be massively in favour of him staying.

Stay, how is tearing it all up to start again gonna fix things.Some are having a Homer Simpson moment methinks.How many times have you got to sack a manager before you realise it doesn't always fix the football.Given the circumstances he's worked under this season I think he deserves another go.

Get him gone he’s the football anti christ. The. second coming of Russell Slade. Mind numbing football and never his fault.

If we had any real ambition of going forward id say go.

However I think safety will be seen as success.

I dont think the current regime will employ anyone better and in fact we will likely get someone far worse. We are still suffering from Steve Morisons disastrous appointment.

I think Bulut will keep us up next season. Leave it to Tan and co to appoint someone else could easily push us into L1.

What we need is a takeover but I dont see any interest and I think Tan will be owner for many years yet.

His football is dreadful though. Slow tedious passing from the back going nowhere , no press , heavily reliant on set pieces. The main difference between him and Morison is Morisons football was as bad but somehow he made us shit at set plays as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Someone on Twitter suggested Bulut has laid the foundations for next season. My response was that if those foundations are Wintle, Ralls and Turnbull, we've got problems. Phillips will go back to Liverpool and McGuinness isn't really quite up to Phillips' standard, decent though he is. Colwill apart, there's no-one up front really fit to wear the shirt when Grant returns to West Brom.

So what happens during the summer? I can't see Vinnie spending much because of FFP, so like lots of other Championship clubs we'll be looking in the bargain bin.

So what exactly are our foundations if it doesn't mean another season of the same football?
    But we won’t be under an embargo in the summer, we can operate in a much bigger pool of players to choose from, a pool where we can buy another David Turnbull blah blah blah.

Go - I don't like his football or him as a man. I don't see him as a longer term option.

However, it really depends on who we replace him with. I can a similar season next year with him in charge, possibly a bit better if we can sign a competent centre forward. But it won't be pretty and it would have little charm or excitement.

The evolution of the squad this season in terms of depth and quality has been pretty good, I'm not sure if that is credit to Bulut of the management above him. However, the club also has their best crop pf youngsters for a generation and their development has stalled, even regressed.

There are some on here that clearly don't give a damn about the latter, even appear to resent local players; however even if you dismiss it's benefit to the 'soul' of the club as romanticism, it is essential for any modern football club, as a business, that they generate a profit from their academy - look at Man City, it is the only thing saving them from FFP censure.

The normal saving grace of a season of safety and mid table mediocrity is the unearthing of a couple of youngsters, to excite and offer hope. We have had the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Unless those foundations are bore everyone to death I'm struggling to work out what they are.

He can't say he's made us defensively sound and needs to work on our attacking play over the summer because we often ship lots of goals. The midfield don't make many chances or control the game and our attack is blunt.

I accept our league position and points tally is better this season than last but if we play the same way next season I can see us being much worse on both fronts because we've stolen several games this season.

Keep him. If he goes we’ll end up replacing him with Ian Holloway, Darren Purse or the ticket office manager.

Go. Yes, it's great not to be battling relegation for a third successive season, but that team seems utterly clueless for huge swathes of matches. Even when we've won we've barely played well for more than 10 minutes at a time. The football's slow, ponderous and negative, and I've seen and heard nothing to suggest that Bulut wants to do anything but the same next season but more effectively. The problem is, I think we'll be found out. Get in our faces, move the ball quickly and work on your defending at corners will be the blueprint for opposition managers, and as we know, we have no plan B.
    Credit where it's due for a season of stability, but I cannot see it as the stepping stone for further progress.
    The only thing that makes a little bit of me think he should stay is the thought of Tan, Dalman and Choo sitting down to choose his successor. If they did stick with him though I reckon he'd be gone by November.

Stay. We’re 10 places better off this season. Who wouldn’t have taken that before the season started?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Get him gone he’s the football anti christ. The. second coming of Russell Slade. Mind numbing football and never his fault.
    Slade , Harris, mad mick , morison , Hudson, warnock , bulut

You seem to hate them all

I think maybe the problem is you rather than the managers ?

Suck on that

Lots of love

Your friendly neighbour

XX