+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    June 2023
    Tan, Dalman:
    Welcome aboard Erol, we don't care how you do it but you have been hired to keep us in the Championship until the club stabilises and the transfer embargo put upon us is lifted.
    Bulut:
    Ok boss I'll do my best.

April 2024
    Bulut:
    Job done boss! How about a new contract and a war chest?
    Tan/Dalman:
    Plenty still going on behind the scenes but sit tight for now, we'll let you know very soon mate...

to be continued....

Me:
    Who the feck else will make a difference with the stance from on high?
    Give him a season and a pocket full of cash.
    He can get his teams playing some decent stuff as we've seen glimpses.
    I think a fixed 1 year contract will be best

If he fecks up and we are down the bottom 6 then it's not going to cost us a bomb to sack him

If he improves our style of play and we score some goals and make a good shot of it we roll the contract on ?

I mean where is the difficulty in this ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

If he fecks up and we are down the bottom 6 then it's not going to cost us a bomb to sack him

If he improves our style of play and we score some goals and make a good shot of it we roll the contract on ?

My issue is that we end up doing the same next season - mind numbing football, can't open most defences in open play, but pinch enough wins to keep us mid-table.

I don't see how that is any sort of progression, unless we're giving up on that and just hope for survival again.

There surely has to be a target of aiming for Premier League promotion in 3-4 seasons, playing a type of football that would suit the Premier League, with a younger squad that builds together. Instead, we have no plan, we lurch from season to season hoping for the best with absolutely no structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My issue is that we end up doing the same next season - mind numbing football, can't open most defences in open play, but pinch enough wins to keep us mid-table.

I don't see how that is any sort of progression, unless we're giving up on that and just hope for survival again.

There surely has to be a target of aiming for Premier League promotion in 3-4 seasons, playing a type of football that would suit the Premier League, with a younger squad that builds together. Instead, we have no plan, we lurch from season to season hoping for the best with absolutely no structure.
    Trouble is we'll likely stop pinching wins. Last minute turnarounds having been outplayed are completely unsustainable and not a strategy to build on.

International

He'll improve it for sure, you remember January when he tried to sign a top Striker and an attacking midfielder but we couldn't compete as it was an over expensive January window.

A team builds in stages, the first stage is complete we are safe and very solid, the next stage build a more attacking team.

A one-year deal to see what he can do, otherwise a Trollope/Hudson novice will take us back into the bottom four.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He'll improve it for sure, you remember January when he tried to sign a top Striker and an attacking midfielder but we couldn't compete as it was an over expensive January window.

A team builds in stages, the first stage is complete we are safe and very solid, the next stage build a more attacking team.

A one-year deal to see what he can do, otherwise a Trollope/Hudson novice will take us back into the bottom four.
    We lost 3-1 on the weekend to a below average championship team.

Conceded 3 at home against Hull who are a mid table team just like us.

Conceded 2 against Sunderland and the Jacks, 4 against Norwich, 3 against Plymouth, 3 against Leeds, 4 in the cup 4 Sheff Weds, 2 v Plymouth in a 2-2 draw, 3 v hull away etc etc.

Seem solid as a rock at the back, fair play, time to loosen off the defensive shackles and have a go at teams because we're absolutely sorted defensively.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Conceded 2 against Sunderland and the Jacks, 4 against Norwich, 3 against Plymouth, 3 against Leeds, 4 in the cup 4 Sheff Weds, 2 v Plymouth in a 2-2 draw, 3 v hull away etc etc.

Seem solid as a rock at the back, fair play, time to loosen off the defensive shackles and have a go at teams because we're absolutely sorted defensively.
    The last six games we've won two the same as three of the top five, and more than leeds and West Brom.

Hull are seventh?

Of the top 10 only Norwich have won more games than us in the last six winning three.

The squad is not deep enough, we started well, dropped off a lot by December /January, then improved a bit with a few additions, with a decent Striker and better attacking midfielder we will look much better.

The last six games we've won two the same as three of the top five, and more than leeds and West Brom.

Hull are seventh?

Of the top 10 only Norwich have won more games than us in the last six winning three.

The squad is not deep enough, we started well, dropped off a lot by December /January, then improved a bit with a few additions, with a decent Striker and better attacking midfielder we will look much better.
    A swerve and diversion a Tory politician would be proud of that one.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A swerve and diversion a Tory politician would be proud of that one.
    The league doesn't lie, we are where we are and it's a huge improvement, no Mick is not coming back so calm down

Hull are seventh?

My reply was about how we aren't solid defensively. Your reply is waffle.

hull were either level on points with us or a point above when we played.

I will ask you in a different way. If Cardiffs defence was foundations for a house, would you build on top of it and put your missus, kids, grandkids, dogs etc in that house?

International

My reply was about how we aren't solid defensively. Your reply is waffle.

hull were either level on points with us or a point above when we played.

I will ask you in a different way. If Cardiffs defence was foundations for a house, would you build on top of it and put your missus, kids, grandkids, dogs etc in that house?
    Hull are seventh, you said mid-table nonsense.

Cardiff City's defensive record this season has been fairly good when you consider we stayed up last year due to points deductions, and Kaba's goals. Eric was saying it's one of the better defences in the league, but we don't score enough goals.

How can anyone build a house on a football club's record? Talk about waffle

International

Haven't got time to look back on all those games but people often comment we have a fairly decent defensive record, probably Runner cost us a lot of those goals and bad defensive performances. We can blame Bulut for that, I'm not sure what happened there he seemed to lose the plot along with confidence in Alnwick.

Haven't got time to look back on all those games but people often comment we have a fairly decent defensive record, probably Runner cost us a lot of those goals and bad defensive performances. We can blame Bulut for that, I'm not sure what happened there he seemed to lose the plot along with confidence in Alnwick.
    This is just a load of stats just looking at all of this.

Runarrson - 8 conceded from 6 games (1.33 per game)
    Alnwick - 33 conceded from 24 games (1.38 per game)
    Hovarth - 19 conceded from 13 games (1.46 per game)

Runarrson was in goal for the Ipswich capitulation, then returned in the league from the Preston game where he conceded 5 goals in 5 games and won 2 of those 5, but all wasn't right I agree.

Assuming we'll concede 2 more goals in our last 3 games this season, it'll have been our second worst season for goals conceded in the second tier since our last relegation from this level in 1985. The worst was the 68 we conceded in 2021/22, though conceding 26 in McCarthy's 14 games (at 1.86 a game) was a big part of the reason for that. Under Morison we conceded 42 goals in 32 games that season at an average of 1.31 per game. This season's average is 1.40 per game

We've kept 12 clean sheets so far this season. As things stand, we've only managed fewer than that in this division twice since 2003.

So, by our own standards in this division over 20 years, no, it's not been a fairly decent defensive record.

While we're at it, our scoring stats make for equally dismal reading.

Since 2003 this is currently our joint 2nd lowest for goals scored in the second tier, with the measly 41 we scored last season being the worst. 3 goals will propel us to 4rd lowest but miles away from 5th.

This is looking like being our 10th most successful season at this level since 2003 with the 2nd worst defence and 4th worst attack stats. We could have either our 5th or 7th best win tally since then. We'll certainly have our 3rd worst defeat tally.

In all of that there are a few positives and negatives. It explains to a point why some fans are happy with this season and why some aren't.

International

This is just a load of stats just looking at all of this.

Runarrson - 8 conceded from 6 games (1.33 per game)
    Alnwick - 33 conceded from 24 games (1.38 per game)
    Hovarth - 19 conceded from 13 games (1.46 per game)

Runarrson was in goal for the Ipswich capitulation, then returned in the league from the Preston game where he conceded 5 goals in 5 games and won 2 of those 5, but all wasn't right I agree.

Assuming we'll concede 2 more goals in our last 3 games this season, it'll have been our second worst season for goals conceded in the second tier since our last relegation from this level in 1985. The worst was the 68 we conceded in 2021/22, though conceding 26 in McCarthy's 14 games (at 1.86 a game) was a big part of the reason for that. Under Morison we conceded 42 goals in 32 games that season at an average of 1.31 per game. This season's average is 1.40 per game

We've kept 12 clean sheets so far this season. As things stand, we've only managed fewer than that in this division twice since 2003.

So, by our own standards in this division over 20 years, no, it's not been a fairly decent defensive record.

While we're at it, our scoring stats make for equally dismal reading.

Since 2003 this is currently our joint 2nd lowest for goals scored in the second tier, with the measly 41 we scored last season being the worst. 3 goals will propel us to 4rd lowest but miles away from 5th.

This is looking like being our 10th most successful season at this level since 2003 with the 2nd worst defence and 4th worst attack stats. We could have either our 5th or 7th best win tally since then. We'll certainly have our 3rd worst defeat tally.

In all of that there are a few positives and negatives. It explains to a point why some fans are happy with this season and why some aren't.
    Fair enough good stats work.

They seem a bit odd and it has been an inconsistent season, I'm surprised that Runnarson's record is better than Horvaths, especially when you consider he didn't have Phillips in front, maybe we leaked less with McGuinness than Phillips, that would be a surprise if true too?

8th best on clean sheets, and we have won a lot of games, compared to drawing.

International

You said Hull are a mid table team just like us?

No we are 11th they are 7th, one below the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

This season is the introductory offer.

Commit for two or three years and allow him to build or wave goodbye.

If he had a two-year deal with an option for a third, this season would not be an issue, we'd have to trust him and hope for a better spectacle next season. Its the one year contract that's causing the uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    This season is the introductory offer.

Commit for two or three years and allow him to build or wave goodbye.

If he had a two-year deal with an option for a third, this season would not be an issue, we'd have to trust him and hope for a better spectacle next season. Its the one year contract that's causing the uncertainty
    I’m not sure why the 1 year contract has caused such panic amoungst our fans, I keep reading about stability. But who in the championship has stability, a lot of clubs seem to have new managers this year, I think other than Coventry and Ipswich every other team had had a manager less than 2 years. I can’t find the article now but it felt like most were under a year.

I don’t think stability needs to be an excuse.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m not sure why the 1 year contract has caused such panic amoungst our fans, I keep reading about stability. But who in the championship has stability, a lot of clubs seem to have new managers this year, I think other than Coventry and Ipswich every other team had had a manager less than 2 years. I can’t find the article now but it felt like most were under a year.

I don’t think stability needs to be an excuse.
    Thats true, a two or three year contract is for the Managers benefit as most get paid off when they are sacked.