+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

I've spent most of the season sat in our stadium waiting for the 90 minutes to be up so I can get to the pub.
    Do I think it will improve next year under him no not really I just see a continuation of this season.
    What we really need is a change of owner with some football knowledge and ambition because no one really gives an f down there.
    It's like witnessing a death by a thousand cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I've spent most of the season sat in our stadium waiting for the 90 minutes to be up so I can get to the pub.
    Do I think it will improve next year under him no not really I just see a continuation of this season.
    What we really need is a change of owner with some football knowledge and ambition because no one really gives an f down there.
    It's like witnessing a death by a thousand cuts.
    You know that the chance of a new owner is very slim

I do however understand your opinion

The problem is new investment is highly unlikely

We have been on a roller-coaster going nowhere since relegation under warnock

6 years ?

It's striking just how split we are on Erol Bulut. Comfortably mid table after only surviving last season after Reading's points deduction, we should all be happy really. Our performances though. Weird season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Get him gone he’s the football anti christ. The. second coming of Russell Slade. Mind numbing football and never his fault.
    Think you’re being a bit harsh there. The players don’t have the right mentality. OK, he signed 7 of the starters, and the other 4 he’s given contract renewals too. Ignore the subs, too, as he signed 2 of them and has given renewals to the other 3 but it definitely isn’t his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Think you’re being a bit harsh there. The players don’t have the right mentality. OK, he signed 7 of the starters, and the other 4 he’s given contract renewals too. Ignore the subs, too, as he signed 2 of them and has given renewals to the other 3 but it definitely isn’t his fault.
    nailed the sarcasm lol 100points

If Bulut had a 2 year deal originally I wouldn’t be bothered but you cannot give him a 2/3 year deal now. If you give him a 1 year deal, it’s going to be the same story. People keep telling me he is building something, and I don’t like it. The football is dire, he’s had ample time to try to attempt to play better football and he’s not blinked. I’m not asking us to play like Barcelona but attempting to put the ball in the goal when we have possession would be a welcome surprise

June 2023
    Tan, Dalman:
    Welcome aboard Erol, we don't care how you do it but you have been hired to keep us in the Championship until the club stabilises and the transfer embargo put upon us is lifted.
    Bulut:
    Ok boss I'll do my best.

April 2024
    Bulut:
    Job done boss! How about a new contract and a war chest?
    Tan/Dalman:
    Plenty still going on behind the scenes but sit tight for now, we'll let you know very soon mate...

to be continued....

Me:
    Who the feck else will make a difference with the stance from on high?
    Give him a season and a pocket full of cash.
    He can get his teams playing some decent stuff as we've seen glimpses.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    June 2023
    Tan, Dalman:
    Welcome aboard Erol, we don't care how you do it but you have been hired to keep us in the Championship until the club stabilises and the transfer embargo put upon us is lifted.
    Bulut:
    Ok boss I'll do my best.

April 2024
    Bulut:
    Job done boss! How about a new contract and a war chest?
    Tan/Dalman:
    Plenty still going on behind the scenes but sit tight for now, we'll let you know very soon mate...

to be continued....

Me:
    Who the feck else will make a difference with the stance from on high?
    Give him a season and a pocket full of cash.
    He can get his teams playing some decent stuff as we've seen glimpses.
    I think a fixed 1 year contract will be best

If he fecks up and we are down the bottom 6 then it's not going to cost us a bomb to sack him

If he improves our style of play and we score some goals and make a good shot of it we roll the contract on ?

I mean where is the difficulty in this ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

If he fecks up and we are down the bottom 6 then it's not going to cost us a bomb to sack him

If he improves our style of play and we score some goals and make a good shot of it we roll the contract on ?

My issue is that we end up doing the same next season - mind numbing football, can't open most defences in open play, but pinch enough wins to keep us mid-table.

I don't see how that is any sort of progression, unless we're giving up on that and just hope for survival again.

There surely has to be a target of aiming for Premier League promotion in 3-4 seasons, playing a type of football that would suit the Premier League, with a younger squad that builds together. Instead, we have no plan, we lurch from season to season hoping for the best with absolutely no structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My issue is that we end up doing the same next season - mind numbing football, can't open most defences in open play, but pinch enough wins to keep us mid-table.

I don't see how that is any sort of progression, unless we're giving up on that and just hope for survival again.

There surely has to be a target of aiming for Premier League promotion in 3-4 seasons, playing a type of football that would suit the Premier League, with a younger squad that builds together. Instead, we have no plan, we lurch from season to season hoping for the best with absolutely no structure.
    Trouble is we'll likely stop pinching wins. Last minute turnarounds having been outplayed are completely unsustainable and not a strategy to build on.

The bottom line is that I don't trust the club. So reluctantly I have to stick.

I think he should go, that doesn’t mean I think he’s done a bad job. I would just like to see a more progressive manager come in and build on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

This season is the introductory offer.

Commit for two or three years and allow him to build or wave goodbye.

If he had a two-year deal with an option for a third, this season would not be an issue, we'd have to trust him and hope for a better spectacle next season. Its the one year contract that's causing the uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    This season is the introductory offer.

Commit for two or three years and allow him to build or wave goodbye.

If he had a two-year deal with an option for a third, this season would not be an issue, we'd have to trust him and hope for a better spectacle next season. Its the one year contract that's causing the uncertainty
    I’m not sure why the 1 year contract has caused such panic amoungst our fans, I keep reading about stability. But who in the championship has stability, a lot of clubs seem to have new managers this year, I think other than Coventry and Ipswich every other team had had a manager less than 2 years. I can’t find the article now but it felt like most were under a year.

I don’t think stability needs to be an excuse.

Very reluctant stay, just because I don't rate Bulut at all but the overwhelming chance is whoever the club gets to replace him will be worse. If we put an experienced and knowledgeable Director of Football in place who was given the freedom to choose the next manager, I'd drive him to the airport myself.

He’s not getting enough results to give him a pass on the dire football

He hasn’t improved any of the players, not really brought in anyone that I thought he has a really good eye for players.

I personally am eager to see him go but if he does stay, then I’ll carry on giving him a chance

has to stay 100% - progress has been made - I know not pretty at home

General question for everyone: other than points in the league table, what particular things do you look for in a manager and has Bulut achieved them or not?

People point to the league table, but points are won and lost on fine margins, therefore I think the best way to judge it is on performances, which for the most part aren't great. We're set up negatively, but not hard to beat, we play an 8-2 formation which makes it hard to counter when we are so deep to start off. We are in that group that's not going to break the top 6 but probably won't go down either, the group where you can finish 9th one season and 16th the next as we all take points off eachother in that no mans land.

He's brought in 14? new players yet according to some can't play his style? If he gets money he's just going to sign the same type of player just a slightly better version, the tactics and set up won't change, baffles me how people think he will set up any different.

People are scared to sack him because they're unsure what the alternative is, id say knowing what were going to get if he stays is worse.

managers.jpg

Not sure how accurate that is but he's got the best win ratio in a long time.

Little blurry.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr...s/cardiff-city

For me it's more a case of who comes in. Why change unless you are going to spend big and almost guarantee success.

Last season before he joined we were linked with Campelos from Portugal and no one had heard of him or Bulut.

General question for everyone: other than points in the league table, what particular things do you look for in a manager and has Bulut achieved them or not?
    lol..i doubt you'll get many answers to this question. If you do they wont be very coherent.

There are a lot of simpletons on this forum and they don't need to watch the matches.

All they care about is saying that they are cardiff city "fans" and that the numbers look slightly better at the end of a season. Football is not really of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    managers.jpg

Not sure how accurate that is but he's got the best win ratio in a long time.

Little blurry.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr...s/cardiff-city
    It's correct. If you exclude a couple of caretaker roles by Jimmy Mullen, Bulut has the 5th highest win percentage in our history, just ahead of Dave Jones. He also has the 10th highest defeat percentage in our history, again, once caretaker roles are taken out, worse than Hudson, Morison, Osman, McCarthy amongst others.

Needless to say, he has the lowest draw percentage of any regular City manager!!

Some signs of a way of playing that, with a bit more time and a little strengthening in key positions can be built on for a promotion push.
    Some plan to score goals other than from set pieces.
    A plan B when plan A hasn't worked.
    A team I actually want to go and watch.

Difficult question really, what we want and what we can get are very different. After the last two seasons and under an embargo I think staying up and pushing up the league was priority and I think he’s done very well, the league table doesn’t lie at this stage of the season.

What do I want, free flowing attacking football, goals, youth brought through but so does everyone no doubt.

I said he should do and we should built on this season though,I don’t think everything is as black and white as people want to make out.