+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Get him gone he’s the football anti christ. The. second coming of Russell Slade. Mind numbing football and never his fault.
    Think you’re being a bit harsh there. The players don’t have the right mentality. OK, he signed 7 of the starters, and the other 4 he’s given contract renewals too. Ignore the subs, too, as he signed 2 of them and has given renewals to the other 3 but it definitely isn’t his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Think you’re being a bit harsh there. The players don’t have the right mentality. OK, he signed 7 of the starters, and the other 4 he’s given contract renewals too. Ignore the subs, too, as he signed 2 of them and has given renewals to the other 3 but it definitely isn’t his fault.
    nailed the sarcasm lol 100points

If Bulut had a 2 year deal originally I wouldn’t be bothered but you cannot give him a 2/3 year deal now. If you give him a 1 year deal, it’s going to be the same story. People keep telling me he is building something, and I don’t like it. The football is dire, he’s had ample time to try to attempt to play better football and he’s not blinked. I’m not asking us to play like Barcelona but attempting to put the ball in the goal when we have possession would be a welcome surprise

June 2023
    Tan, Dalman:
    Welcome aboard Erol, we don't care how you do it but you have been hired to keep us in the Championship until the club stabilises and the transfer embargo put upon us is lifted.
    Bulut:
    Ok boss I'll do my best.

April 2024
    Bulut:
    Job done boss! How about a new contract and a war chest?
    Tan/Dalman:
    Plenty still going on behind the scenes but sit tight for now, we'll let you know very soon mate...

to be continued....

Me:
    Who the feck else will make a difference with the stance from on high?
    Give him a season and a pocket full of cash.
    He can get his teams playing some decent stuff as we've seen glimpses.

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    June 2023
    Tan, Dalman:
    Welcome aboard Erol, we don't care how you do it but you have been hired to keep us in the Championship until the club stabilises and the transfer embargo put upon us is lifted.
    Bulut:
    Ok boss I'll do my best.

April 2024
    Bulut:
    Job done boss! How about a new contract and a war chest?
    Tan/Dalman:
    Plenty still going on behind the scenes but sit tight for now, we'll let you know very soon mate...

to be continued....

Me:
    Who the feck else will make a difference with the stance from on high?
    Give him a season and a pocket full of cash.
    He can get his teams playing some decent stuff as we've seen glimpses.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    From a limited pool.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    From a limited pool.
    Wipe your chin mate, its way too early on a Monday morning to be crying these salty tears.

International

Wipe your chin mate, its way too early on a Monday morning to be crying these salty tears.

International

Four from you

If we had any real ambition of going forward id say go.

However I think safety will be seen as success.

I dont think the current regime will employ anyone better and in fact we will likely get someone far worse. We are still suffering from Steve Morisons disastrous appointment.

I think Bulut will keep us up next season. Leave it to Tan and co to appoint someone else could easily push us into L1.

What we need is a takeover but I dont see any interest and I think Tan will be owner for many years yet.

His football is dreadful though. Slow tedious passing from the back going nowhere , no press , heavily reliant on set pieces. The main difference between him and Morison is Morisons football was as bad but somehow he made us shit at set plays as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Someone on Twitter suggested Bulut has laid the foundations for next season. My response was that if those foundations are Wintle, Ralls and Turnbull, we've got problems. Phillips will go back to Liverpool and McGuinness isn't really quite up to Phillips' standard, decent though he is. Colwill apart, there's no-one up front really fit to wear the shirt when Grant returns to West Brom.

So what happens during the summer? I can't see Vinnie spending much because of FFP, so like lots of other Championship clubs we'll be looking in the bargain bin.

So what exactly are our foundations if it doesn't mean another season of the same football?
    But we won’t be under an embargo in the summer, we can operate in a much bigger pool of players to choose from, a pool where we can buy another David Turnbull blah blah blah.

International

But we won’t be under an embargo in the summer, we can operate in a much bigger pool of players to choose from, a pool where we can buy another David Turnbull blah blah blah.
    Wait till you get Trollope 2, you'll be moaning more next year than this year if he goes, mind you did like McCarthy didn't you.

Wait till you get Trollope 2, you'll be moaning more next year than this year if he goes, mind you did like McCarthy didn't you.
    Theres no need to be upset.

7 replies on this thread in 15 minutes, are you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?

Go - I don't like his football or him as a man. I don't see him as a longer term option.

However, it really depends on who we replace him with. I can a similar season next year with him in charge, possibly a bit better if we can sign a competent centre forward. But it won't be pretty and it would have little charm or excitement.

The evolution of the squad this season in terms of depth and quality has been pretty good, I'm not sure if that is credit to Bulut of the management above him. However, the club also has their best crop pf youngsters for a generation and their development has stalled, even regressed.

There are some on here that clearly don't give a damn about the latter, even appear to resent local players; however even if you dismiss it's benefit to the 'soul' of the club as romanticism, it is essential for any modern football club, as a business, that they generate a profit from their academy - look at Man City, it is the only thing saving them from FFP censure.

The normal saving grace of a season of safety and mid table mediocrity is the unearthing of a couple of youngsters, to excite and offer hope. We have had the opposite.

Keep him. If he goes we’ll end up replacing him with Ian Holloway, Darren Purse or the ticket office manager.

Go. Yes, it's great not to be battling relegation for a third successive season, but that team seems utterly clueless for huge swathes of matches. Even when we've won we've barely played well for more than 10 minutes at a time. The football's slow, ponderous and negative, and I've seen and heard nothing to suggest that Bulut wants to do anything but the same next season but more effectively. The problem is, I think we'll be found out. Get in our faces, move the ball quickly and work on your defending at corners will be the blueprint for opposition managers, and as we know, we have no plan B.
    Credit where it's due for a season of stability, but I cannot see it as the stepping stone for further progress.
    The only thing that makes a little bit of me think he should stay is the thought of Tan, Dalman and Choo sitting down to choose his successor. If they did stick with him though I reckon he'd be gone by November.

Stay. We’re 10 places better off this season. Who wouldn’t have taken that before the season started?

Get him gone he’s the football anti christ. The. second coming of Russell Slade. Mind numbing football and never his fault.
    Slade , Harris, mad mick , morison , Hudson, warnock , bulut

You seem to hate them all

I think maybe the problem is you rather than the managers ?

Suck on that

Lots of love

Your friendly neighbour

XX

has to stay 100% - progress has been made - I know not pretty at home

People point to the league table, but points are won and lost on fine margins, therefore I think the best way to judge it is on performances, which for the most part aren't great. We're set up negatively, but not hard to beat, we play an 8-2 formation which makes it hard to counter when we are so deep to start off. We are in that group that's not going to break the top 6 but probably won't go down either, the group where you can finish 9th one season and 16th the next as we all take points off eachother in that no mans land.

He's brought in 14? new players yet according to some can't play his style? If he gets money he's just going to sign the same type of player just a slightly better version, the tactics and set up won't change, baffles me how people think he will set up any different.

People are scared to sack him because they're unsure what the alternative is, id say knowing what were going to get if he stays is worse.

International

Curbishley moment, doing a solid job, and some fans just want Klopp/Pep football and think it's possible with these players and budget.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Slade , Harris, mad mick , morison , Hudson, warnock , bulut

You seem to hate them all

I think maybe the problem is you rather than the managers ?

Suck on that

Lots of love

Your friendly neighbour

XX
    He like Mad Mick.

He like Mad Mick.

And no I did not like Mad Mick. It was Harris I stuck up for out of that list.

International

And no I did not like Mad Mick. It was Harris I stuck up for out of that list.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...light=McCarthy

You didn't like him!

You loved him, he stained you frilly's

Who do you want next Avram

You didn't like him!

You loved him, he stained you frilly's

Who do you want next Avram
    He wasnt even our manager when I posted one of those threads you daft kent.