+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Difficult question really, what we want and what we can get are very different. After the last two seasons and under an embargo I think staying up and pushing up the league was priority and I think he’s done very well, the league table doesn’t lie at this stage of the season.

What do I want, free flowing attacking football, goals, youth brought through but so does everyone no doubt.

I said he should do and we should built on this season though,I don’t think everything is as black and white as people want to make out.
    Good answer. I'm glad you've mentioned the bit that everything isn't as black and white as people make out. I feel some don't understand this.

I have no hope in the club to recruit anybody better

Bulut: 'reluctant stay'

International

Curbishley moment, doing a solid job, and some fans just want Klopp/Pep football and think it's possible with these players and budget.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Our biggest issue is the midfield.
    He has given Ralls and Wintle new contracts.
    He signed Turnbull and doesn’t see him as an automatic starter.
    What do you think will be different in our midfield next season?
    He tired to sign a decent midfielder from Greece/Turkey bt wasn't allowed, he was all he could get, the others are solid reliable squad players.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Someone on Twitter suggested Bulut has laid the foundations for next season. My response was that if those foundations are Wintle, Ralls and Turnbull, we've got problems. Phillips will go back to Liverpool and McGuinness isn't really quite up to Phillips' standard, decent though he is. Colwill apart, there's no-one up front really fit to wear the shirt when Grant returns to West Brom.

So what happens during the summer? I can't see Vinnie spending much because of FFP, so like lots of other Championship clubs we'll be looking in the bargain bin.

So what exactly are our foundations if it doesn't mean another season of the same football?
    The loan market is the most important market for cash-strapped Championship clubs, Phillips, Kipre, Doyle, Philigene, Wilson, there are great players there we need to be all over the loan market early.

Tan won't give any manager a decent budget
    Next season the players we loaned out will come back, plus a few frees.
    It will turn out to be an even worse season
    Who will want to mansge that?

International

Funnily enough, I've just said the same on Twitter. Looking ahead to next season, what improvements have we had over the last 4/5 months to make anyone think next season will be better? I know football is a results business but I feel we've been on a downward spiral after a good start to the season, one punctuated with the odd last minute win. If it hadn't been for our injury time heroics over the last few months, things would be very different. We cannot keep relying on pinching games. It will stop happening.
    Yes if we'd won all the games that we didn't we could have been promoted by March.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Me too and don't give a feck who the manager is at the moment as it's easy to blame them on the product and to an extent fair enough - but for me I'm more concerned that yet again an apparently successful business man has no plan for the club - it's pathetic yet still want us to handover our hard earned coin - how can he and his horsemen of the apocalypse be so impotent after so long in charge seemingly not having learnt one football lesson along the way - tossers
    The problem is it's those tossers that will decide which Manager to take a punt on this time, more likely to be a Trollope than a Warnock.

International

It’s funny, the Twitter polls I’ve seem to be massively in favour of him staying.
    More reflective of the fan base, this board likes to change every six months and expects a Pep/Klopp wonder kid to be appointed and win the Premier League within two seasons playing a Dutch football masterclass, and can't believe it when it doesn't happen.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But we won’t be under an embargo in the summer, we can operate in a much bigger pool of players to choose from, a pool where we can buy another David Turnbull blah blah blah.
    Wait till you get Trollope 2, you'll be moaning more next year than this year if he goes, mind you did like McCarthy didn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wait till you get Trollope 2, you'll be moaning more next year than this year if he goes, mind you did like McCarthy didn't you.
    Theres no need to be upset.

7 replies on this thread in 15 minutes, are you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Slade , Harris, mad mick , morison , Hudson, warnock , bulut

You seem to hate them all

I think maybe the problem is you rather than the managers ?

Suck on that

Lots of love

Your friendly neighbour

XX
    He like Mad Mick.

He like Mad Mick.

And no I did not like Mad Mick. It was Harris I stuck up for out of that list.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Think you’re being a bit harsh there. The players don’t have the right mentality. OK, he signed 7 of the starters, and the other 4 he’s given contract renewals too. Ignore the subs, too, as he signed 2 of them and has given renewals to the other 3 but it definitely isn’t his fault.
    From a limited pool.

The loan market is the most important market for cash-strapped Championship clubs, Phillips, Kipre, Doyle, Philigene, Wilson, there are great players there we need to be all over the loan market early.
    Ah so the loan market is most important now.

Somewhat contradicts all the fuss you made about being under an embargo last summer dont you think?

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    June 2023
    Tan, Dalman:
    Welcome aboard Erol, we don't care how you do it but you have been hired to keep us in the Championship until the club stabilises and the transfer embargo put upon us is lifted.
    Bulut:
    Ok boss I'll do my best.

April 2024
    Bulut:
    Job done boss! How about a new contract and a war chest?
    Tan/Dalman:
    Plenty still going on behind the scenes but sit tight for now, we'll let you know very soon mate...

to be continued....

Me:
    Who the feck else will make a difference with the stance from on high?
    Give him a season and a pocket full of cash.
    He can get his teams playing some decent stuff as we've seen glimpses.

From a limited pool.
    Wipe your chin mate, its way too early on a Monday morning to be crying these salty tears.

International

My issue is that we end up doing the same next season - mind numbing football, can't open most defences in open play, but pinch enough wins to keep us mid-table.

I don't see how that is any sort of progression, unless we're giving up on that and just hope for survival again.

There surely has to be a target of aiming for Premier League promotion in 3-4 seasons, playing a type of football that would suit the Premier League, with a younger squad that builds together. Instead, we have no plan, we lurch from season to season hoping for the best with absolutely no structure.
    He'll improve it for sure, you remember January when he tried to sign a top Striker and an attacking midfielder but we couldn't compete as it was an over expensive January window.

A team builds in stages, the first stage is complete we are safe and very solid, the next stage build a more attacking team.

A one-year deal to see what he can do, otherwise a Trollope/Hudson novice will take us back into the bottom four.

International

I’m not sure why the 1 year contract has caused such panic amoungst our fans, I keep reading about stability. But who in the championship has stability, a lot of clubs seem to have new managers this year, I think other than Coventry and Ipswich every other team had had a manager less than 2 years. I can’t find the article now but it felt like most were under a year.

I don’t think stability needs to be an excuse.
    Thats true, a two or three year contract is for the Managers benefit as most get paid off when they are sacked.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    lol..i doubt you'll get many answers to this question. If you do they wont be very coherent.

There are a lot of simpletons on this forum and they don't need to watch the matches.

All they care about is saying that they are cardiff city "fans" and that the numbers look slightly better at the end of a season. Football is not really of interest.
    One of the hopes is that with the ability to pay a fee, he can get some solid Greek/Turk/German Players as he has experience overseas and knows the players and will now know the Championship a lot more than last season and what's needed.

International

Wipe your chin mate, its way too early on a Monday morning to be crying these salty tears.

International

And no I did not like Mad Mick. It was Harris I stuck up for out of that list.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...light=McCarthy

You didn't like him!

You loved him, he stained you frilly's

Who do you want next Avram

International

Four from you

You didn't like him!

You loved him, he stained you frilly's

Who do you want next Avram
    He wasnt even our manager when I posted one of those threads you daft kent.

International

Ah so the loan market is most important now.

Somewhat contradicts all the fuss you made about being under an embargo last summer dont you think?
    That's all we had, it is important, but so is signing players for fees.