+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

He looks a real athlete, gobbles the ground up, and one id play as an 8.

I think he could also play as a 6 but it would be a waste. Hes got the speed and stamina to go box to box.

As said above its time to integrate him into the first team squad and not send on loan again. Hes 22 this year, hes no longer a kid, plus he has the physique of a man anyway. He doesnt need anymore loans to get him used to mens football.

Re: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He looks a real athlete, gobbles the ground up, and one id play as an 8.

I think he could also play as a 6 but it would be a waste. Hes got the speed and stamina to go box to box.

As said above its time to integrate him into the first team squad and not send on loan again. Hes 22 this year, hes no longer a kid, plus he has the physique of a man anyway. He doesnt need anymore loans to get him used to mens football.
    The thing is we don’t need to pigeon hole him. 6 or and 8 - both centre midfield and it’s good for his development to experience both. They are subtle differences anyway.

What gets my goat is “Ooh he is too young - loan him out”, or “Well he should be there by now, and he makes mistakes” (often levelled at Colwill).

Loans are good for getting match fitness and game time. So King has benefited. Now it is time to play him, and accept he will make mistakes in his first year - that is part of learning, and “the cost of development”.

Same with Colwill. His growth injuries (also suffered by Gerrard and Bacjetic at Liverpool) have meant he has not had enough game time. So Colwill will make mistakes while he gets his first full (ish) season under his belt. The payoff on Colwill will comennext season now he is far more first-11, getting more experiences and reducing his errors by learning from there.

King and Colwill next season should form the basis of a regular centre midfield in my view. Ralls can slot in there, or perhaps O Dowda who can play central. But I would like to see Joel Colwill come in and get some time next season, while Rubin becomes the more senior.