+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Cardiff City's on loan Eli King starts for Don Cowies Ross County today against Rangers. Whilst I wish him well, its a must win game for Rangers.
    Rather surprisingly he has been voted MOTM in nearly every game he has played on the BBC web site . An opportunity for all Cardiff fans to give him another MOTM as its voted for by the public.

Re: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Cardiff City's on loan Eli King starts for Don Cowies Ross County today against Rangers. Whilst I wish him well, its a must win game for Rangers.
    Rather surprisingly he has been voted MOTM in nearly every game he has played on the BBC web site . An opportunity for all Cardiff fans to give him another MOTM as its voted for by the public.
    He's supposed to be chomping at the bit to play next season on his return ?

What do you think of turnbull ?

I reckon given time he's going to be very useful at this level

3-1 to ross county

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    3-1 to ross county
    King with assist for the third . Rangers capitulating.

King with assist for the third . Rangers capitulating.
    Great for Celtic. Well done, Kingy 👍💪

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What do you think of turnbull ?

I reckon given time he's going to be very useful at this level
    As you say ,good player at this level.

Disappointed in Clement , straight down the tunnel without shaking Don Cowie hand. We are all gutted but you should retain respect.
    Fantastic performance by Ross County thoroughly deserved .

Disappointed in Clement , straight down the tunnel without shaking Don Cowie hand. We are all gutted but you should retain respect.
    Fantastic performance by Ross County thoroughly deserved .
    Respect jimmy 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    A midfielder running beyond the striker? That won't do here

Surely got to be in the squad next season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A midfielder running beyond the striker? That won't do here
    no no no....we can't have things like that happening here.... He should be a shoe in next season...

Man of the match award today

going forward. They are amongst the fittest in tests at CCFC , are young and energetic.

I believe that Eli King and Joel Colwill would be our best defensive midfielders (who still have the ability to get forward as well)

Eli King was MOM

If Rangers beat Dundee on Wednesday, the next old firm game will be massive. I think it's normally one of the first games of the end of season split too

So for those people who have watched him, what sort of player is he, where does he play etc

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So for those people who have watched him, what sort of player is he, where does he play etc
    As far as our first team is concerned, I’d say he’s in competition with Ralls, Wintle, Siopis, Adams etc. he did play in defence in some of our pre season games mind.

My opinion is that his days of being loaned out should be over once this one ends, I just hope that if Bulut stays, he doesn’t just write King off as a “young player” (I.e. someone who won’t be considered for league football until there is nothing to be play for).

There’s an interview with Eli at the end of this very good video - the makers stuff is well worth subscribing to on You Tube.

He comes across as a really intelligent, level headed lad. A future captain.

I see know reason why his all round game does not compare favourable to the likes of Siopis and Wintle. Indeed, he has the ability to be physically more dominate.

At the risk of being controversial, I don't quite get Siopis. He doesn't excel in any one particular discipline. He is not physical, has little creativity, his passing is at best average and he offers little goal threat. He's a poor man's Billy Ronson (Mark Bonner would be another good comparison). We do lack a bit if presence in centre mid when he plays. A least Ralls (despite his declining influence) offers that bit of bite (as well as his set piece delivery).

I do wonder if transient managers have their own issues with local players because of their relative permanence?
    - Been with the club since the age of 8, relatively long contract, friends with all the staff, family at every game ... etc.

Bulut often displays his ego and has a tendency to be outspoken/controversial, you could see how the differing dynamics collide.

Eli King could become a 300+ appearance player for us, but will he get that chance under Bulut?

He looks a real athlete, gobbles the ground up, and one id play as an 8.

I think he could also play as a 6 but it would be a waste. Hes got the speed and stamina to go box to box.

As said above its time to integrate him into the first team squad and not send on loan again. Hes 22 this year, hes no longer a kid, plus he has the physique of a man anyway. He doesnt need anymore loans to get him used to mens football.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He looks a real athlete, gobbles the ground up, and one id play as an 8.

I think he could also play as a 6 but it would be a waste. Hes got the speed and stamina to go box to box.

As said above its time to integrate him into the first team squad and not send on loan again. Hes 22 this year, hes no longer a kid, plus he has the physique of a man anyway. He doesnt need anymore loans to get him used to mens football.
    Agree with all of that. He could become our version of Declan Rice. He could provide the physicality we've been missing for the last few seasons and with no loss of technical ability.

Just posted in the loan report thread, but does anyone think Adams and King could play together nextt season behind a more creative Colwill type?