+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players hurt by negative comments?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Players hurt by negative comments?

"They can criticise me, I don't have any problem with this. But I think they do it on purpose, these messages. Of course, we are reading this, the players are reading this, it affects us also. It affects players. When you speak about players, the coach, our game, things like this, it affects the players."

I suspect very few players do not look at media reports and forum comments.

The regular abuse written from the safety of one's keyboard without thought for the consequences is alarming, not only on this forum, but I suspect the 'other side'.

I doubt whether there is an answer to the 'online abuse' of players and management of a team by regular contributors who masquerade as Cardiff City 'fans'.

Re: Players hurt by negative comments?

Get a grip. Players don't care about what fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    "They can criticise me, I don't have any problem with this. But I think they do it on purpose, these messages. Of course, we are reading this, the players are reading this, it affects us also. It affects players. When you speak about players, the coach, our game, things like this, it affects the players."

The regular abuse written from the safety of one's keyboard without thought for the consequences is alarming, not only on this forum, but I suspect the 'other side'.

I doubt whether there is an answer to the 'online abuse' of players and management of a team by regular contributors who masquerade as Cardiff City 'fans'.
    Dear Erol,
    Just a quick line to say how much I'm enjoying the football this season at the CCS. Please pass on my thanks to the players, your team, and also may I thank you personally. The players have been especially diligent lately, working their socks off to ensure we finish the season on a high.
    Rgds,
    AQM

Ross McCormack did, he posted on here as 1888celt if I remember correctly. I bet some players read it, human nature. Most will probably think we are talking nonsense though.

Does bulut think we are thick or something?

OH IT NEVER OCCURED TO ME that some players check out forums to see what they say about them. DUH.

I mean.. wouldnt you??? THIS ISNT NEW TO BULUTS RULE.

He is desperately trying to screw over everybody including the youngsters to get his contract..he has done this to himself. Starting to piss me off all this begging via the media.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Get a grip. Players don't care about what fans think.
    I think you’d be very surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

OH IT NEVER OCCURED TO ME that some players check out forums to see what they say about them. DUH.

He is desperately trying to screw over everybody including the youngsters to get his contract..he has done this to himself. Starting to piss me off all this begging via the media.
    You don't say much entertaining but you saying he has started to piss you off made me laugh 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

I doubt whether there is an answer to the 'online abuse' of players and management of a team by regular contributors who md asquerade as Cardiff City 'fans'.
    There is a shed load on here , never mind any other sites

I don't know why we bother employing a manager as a lot of the posters on here have clearly performed at the highest level

And come to think of it some of them could probably get in the squad ?

This kind of thing really is precious. If you work in a profession where you are in the public domain, entertain, create, want the financial reward and you want/expect people to pay for your product then you suck it up. If you guys think it's bad in football or on here then you lead very sheltered lives.

Even if you're not in the public domain, then you still deserve 'feedback' if your product is sh*t.

We're worse to each other on here than we are to the players or manager!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    This kind of thing really is precious. If you work in a profession where you are in the public domain, entertain, create, want the financial reward and you want/expect people to pay for your product then you suck it up. If you guys think it's bad in football or on here then you lead very sheltered lives.

Even if you're not in the public domain, then you still deserve 'feedback' if your product is sh*t.

It's mild on here. Constant excuses for certain players that fit the profile. We've had wrong manager, wrong coach, wrong players, wrong tactics, wrong playing style. The only other entity in the history of mankind who can get a free pass like that is God. If it works then you're rewarded, it it fails then it was his will, all part of the master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ross McCormack did, he posted on here as 1888celt if I remember correctly. I bet some players read it, human nature. Most will probably think we are talking nonsense though.
    Totally agree.

We probably are talking nonsense, we can only go on what we see and read. We probably don’t know half of what is said or goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Totally agree.

We probably are talking nonsense, we can only go on what we see and read. We probably don’t know half of what is said or goes on.
    We don't, but that isn't an excuse for players not being able to carry out the basics, poor decision making, lazy play etc. people should not criticise if a player is putting in a shift and attempting to do the right things, or if their ability set just isn't up to scratch. I think that's unfair. Problem is that most football fans, including myself can't see when a player is attempting the right thing and it just isn't happening for whatever reason. We then get frustrated and critical. Poor decision making, lack of composure, poor positioning etc is fair game in my opinion. Players can generally negate those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's mild on here. Constant excuses for certain players that fit the profile. We've had wrong manager, wrong coach, wrong players, wrong tactics, wrong playing style. The only other entity in the history of mankind who can get a free pass like that is God. If it works then you're rewarded, it it fails then it was his will, all part of the master plan.
    I started a God thread just for that reason! In fairness, Sludge never lets him/her of the hook either!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We don't, but that isn't an excuse for players not being able to carry out the basics, poor decision making, lazy play etc. people should not criticise if a player is putting in a shift and attempting to do the right things, or if their ability set just isn't up to scratch. I think that's unfair. Problem is that most football fans, including myself can't see when a player is attempting the right thing and it just isn't happening for whatever reason. We then get frustrated and critical. Poor decision making, lack of composure, poor positioning etc is fair game in my opinion. Players can generally negate those problems.
    No I agree, let’s be honest that’s why we are here to give our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No I agree, let’s be honest that’s why we are here to give our opinions.
    Opinions are the new facts. It's great. None of us can ever be wrong and we're all experts on everything. Occasionally there's a fight just to spice it up a bit. I can almost smell the grass and deep heat.

I like to think I can be open minded (honest!), so I promise I’ll give fair attention to anyone who can tell me why I’m wrong when I say I think Cardiff City have played woeful, often losing, football in front of their own fans for three years now (it would have been four if it were not for Covid). Why am I wrong when I say that the last decade has provided little in the way of entertainment for City fans? Im not saying there haven’t been some good days - you tend to remember them when there are so few of them.

Also, I’m willing to listen to anyone who disagrees with my view that the players we sign tend to have lower levels of technique than you’d expect from a Championship footballer.

Sorry, have i missed something here........The player's manager continually criticises them after nearly every defeat, not enough effort, didn't follow the plan, not doing the basics well enough, or player making simple mistakes.

I wonder how the strikers felt when he says he needed better over the winter window and how much he admired a former player from another club.

I have no idea what Bulut is eluding to but this is professional sport, not amateurs. Of course, if the players are not reading twitter, WOL comments, or message boards then their agents are. I think as a fan base in general we are pretty tolerant.

Mind you, if I were trying to negotiate a new deal then being able to say you have 95% of the punters onside is a great tool. How do you gauge their opinion, quick look on the above platforms may say something a little different? I post more on the other board which is more pro-Bulut than here, not much into Twitter, but lets be honest we are not in the Warnock or Malky adulation.

I think the abuse of some players on Twitter has been over the top. Especially towards Bowler.

Nobody can deny he gives 100% every game and has scored some important goals this season.

If he wants to be more popular he needs to start to make his team more watchable. Does he realise this is the time of year to buy season tickets? What is he producing to secure this? Absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I think the abuse of some players on Twitter has been over the top. Especially towards Bowler.

Nobody can deny he gives 100% every game and has scored some important goals this season.
    Let me be the first then to say Bowler doesn't give 100% EVERY game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Yeah I’ve noticed that, even when he plays well. I find Twitter a bit odd, it’s almost like these Cardiff pages get together and decide what agenda they want to push. It goes from Bulut out, to protests if he doesn’t get a new contract in the space of a week at one point.

Surely any current player would be deemed underage to view or post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Surely any current player would be deemed underage to view or post on here?
    And their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Sucking it up and not caring what the fans think are wildly different though.

All players ‘suck it up’ to a degree but I bet hell of a lot of players do take on what the fans say.

Hence why there’s so many coaches dealing with the mental side of it.