+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harrison Bright: Newport County

Harrison Bright: Newport County

I watched them play Tranmere yesterday.
    Not the best quality game I'll ever see.. but given the right player support and coaching Harrison Bright looked useful.

Imagine a younger team of Ashford the Collwills, Isaak Davies , Tanner and him.

Not expensive to assemble either

Re: Harrison Bright: Newport County

Not expensive to assemble either[/QUOTE]

Not bad for a mid Div 1 team.....

Is he better than Will Spiers? If so, sign him.

He (Bright) is out of contract at the end of the season so would be cheaper. Similarly, so is Luca Hoole.

I'd sign them both, they would grow into money.

All three would be better defenders than Romeo.

A question for the historians; who was the last person from Blaenavon to play for us? Has anybody from Blaenavon ever played for us?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

He (Bright) is out of contract at the end of the season so would be cheaper. Similarly, so is Luca Hoole.

A question for the historians; who was the last person from Blaenavon to play for us? Has anybody from Blaenavon ever played for us?
    Is that where you are from ?

I know a city fan from varteg

Bit isolated up there ?

No, Cardiff (originally)

Yes it is a bit isolated up there, although Varteg would make Blaenavon seem like Central London.

Doesn’t look like, I searched famous people from Blaenavon and, unsurprisingly, there’s a few rugby players from there (Mark Taylor, Ken Jones, Terry Cobner and John Perkins for example), but the only footballers mentioned were Bright and someone called Ryan Doble who used to play for Shrewsbury.

i had a look, it says tony villars from there

No, Cardiff (originally)

Yes it is a bit isolated up there, although Varteg would make Blaenavon seem like Central London.
    ...L2 football keeps me sane. It's the perfect league imo.

Darcy Blake?

Spent the first half of the season with barry town. Very decent player.

Amazed more clubs don't look at the cymru premier. Wales c always outplay England c which is the best the national league has to offer. Players like will evans were knocking around the cymru premier for years and years. Just can't fathom why they get such little interest.

Southam Hales from barry also went to Fleetwood and then Stockport and he's playing in league 1 next season.

Plenty of evidence a player who can hold on their own and looks good in the cymru premier will cope with league 2 or above just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I watched them play Tranmere yesterday.
    Not the best quality game I'll ever see.. but given the right player support and coaching Harrison Bright looked useful.

Not expensive to assemble either

As Tanner showed yesterday at Millwall, he’s not worth a cup of cold piss, get rid, ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Darcy Blake?
    Blackwood

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i had a look, it says tony villars from there
    Villars was born in Cwmbran and Signed for City from non-league Panteg. He finished his career at Blaenavon Blues.
    I never saw him play, but by all accounts, he was pretty talented albeit inconsistent.