+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WAG wasting more money….

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WAG wasting more money….

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If the dock feeder hadn't been built Cardiff wouldn't have grown into the cosmopolitan place it is today due to the port and docks

Lots of people are interested in Cardiffs history as Wales capital city

Considering you are a nationalist I would assume you would be but clearly I was wrong

Maybe we should fill it in ?

And dance around dressed as druids

Now that really is living in the past
    I’m interested in Cardiff’s history but your claim that the history of the Dock Feeder justifies spending £millions on it is utter claptrap. The decision to allocate cash to this white elephant/vanity project is very unpopular with people in Cardiff and the half-finished end product has been the subject of much ridicule. Of all the fascinating individual aspects of Cardiff’s history this piddling canal is one of the least interesting. Anyone claiming that this will attract tourists or history buffs is living in cloud cuckoo land, or Cowbridge.

Re: WAG wasting more money….

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    I’m interested in Cardiff’s history but your claim that the history of the Dock Feeder justifies spending £millions on it is utter claptrap. The decision to allocate cash to this white elephant/vanity project is very unpopular with people in Cardiff and the half-finished end product has been the subject of much ridicule. Of all the fascinating individual aspects of Cardiff’s history this piddling canal is one of the least interesting. Anyone claiming that this will attract tourists or history buffs is living in cloud cuckoo land, or Cowbridge.
    You are interested in cardiffs history if it suits your nationalist agenda

I didn't say the critically important part the dock feeder played in your country's capital City's growth justified whatever expenditure you want to verbalise about

I commented on its importance which is absolutely enormous and far greater than a piddling canal as you describe it

The biggest waste of money is the WAG , whoever is in charge

I voted for that crap which was a fig leaf to the Plaid nutcases . My ex missus a rabid anti English Welsh speaker pleaded with me to vote yes which I did only to have her tell me on polling day that she went shopping with her mum and a load of cracaic mates

Now when it comes to crazy decisions and backward steps that one's costing us far more than a bit of investment in an old waterway in the city centre