+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Regardless of the result he will still be a grade a tosser and wish him nothing but bad luck from a sporting perspective and hope his career disappears without a trace
    From a sporting perspective I wish he was our manager, and not Mr Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    From a sporting perspective I wish he was our manager, and not Mr Negative
    Not for me as he condones football violence with his swim away antics - he should be better than that - odious little prick

Bring your boots on Saturday. You might get a game

"It's not nice, but right now we have 12 injuries," Bulut said. "This weekend a few will not be with us. Sickness, strains. Ng, a strain, for him the season is over. KG Achilles problems, he won't be with us.

"Maybe JC (Jamilu Collins) might not be with us with groin problem. (Ryan) Wintle has the problem with his ankle. The other ones, (Aaron) Ramsey, (Jak) Alnwick, (Kion) Etete - (Callum) Robinson and Josh Bowler are sick. Available players this weekend, it looks like 13 or 14.

"Today I get a report from the medical staff. Started yesterday, the sickness for Robbo and Josh. I hope tomorrow they feel better and can train with us. For now it looks not so well for us. So we will have four or five U21s with us to fill the squad."

Ng, Grant, Collins, Bowler, Robinson, Wintle, Alnwick, Ramsey, O'Dowda, McGuiness, Etete, Wilson-Esbrand all out/probably out.

Ng's season is over. Ramsey has a grade 2 hamstring tear.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-29019295

Luey Giles at left back then?

We might as well go with the youngsters, we'll get battered anyway

This could be interesting!

Horvath
    Romeo - Phillips - Goutas - Ralls
    Siopis - J Colwill
    Ashford - R Colwill - Meite
    Diedhiou

Subs: Turner - Giles - Antwi - Turnbull - Tanner - Conte - Lawlor - Sawyers - Wigley

From what Bulut said today Collins (injury), Bowler and Robinson (both sickness) might make Saturday. But doubts.

change of formation maybe??. 3 at the back, Wingbacks, just Sipois holding, Overloaded in midfield with some creativity to supply Ashford.

..........Hovarth
    ...Lawler..Goutas..Phillips
    Romeo ...Siopis .........Giles
    ......Ralls ..... R. Colwill
    ............Turnball
    ...........Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Luey Giles at left back then?

We might as well go with the youngsters, we'll get battered anyway
    Careful... Imagine coming in against Southampton as a young pro, making your debut or real first start and getting absolutely rinsed. That could finish a player off

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Careful... Imagine coming in against Southampton as a young pro, making your debut or real first start and getting absolutely rinsed. That could finish a player off
    Or is it a free hit and needs good man management to limit any damage?

id only play siopisstaker if the janitor is unavailable

It can’t get worse. I’d play the youngsters, at least they will give some effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It can’t get worse. I’d play the youngsters, at least they will give some effort.
    Tbh I don’t think effort has been a concern of mine this season, everyone has put a shift in.

Saints on a roll, Martin loves coming to the CCS, club will ensure as usual it’s like a home game for them and their support. 0:4

If I was linked to one of Southampton’s promotion rivals, I would be very unhappy about the City apparently handing the result to them with all these supposed injuries.

If players like NG have been playing with minor knocks for some weeks, why can’t they carry on for a further 2 weeks to the end of the season when they have May, June and July to recover before the new season begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    If I was linked to one of Southampton’s promotion rivals, I would be very unhappy about the City apparently handing the result to them with all these supposed injuries.

If players like NG have been playing with minor knocks for some weeks, why can’t they carry on for a further 2 weeks to the end of the season when they have May, June and July to recover before the new season begins.
    And further aggravate the injury lowering his value before we sell him?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post

So you think there is a conspiracy with Leeds, Leicester, Ipswich & us to throw this game, or just the Manager and the Medical team in the pocket of one of those mentioned?

Brian Tuohy ( https://www.thefixisin.net/ ) does some great stuff on this, mainly US sports. Lots of whacky sh1t, some very real, and others large leaps but i wouldn't write him off is you can read with a critical mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Tbh I don’t think effort has been a concern of mine this season, everyone has put a shift in.
    Ok, let’s say to play more purposely then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Or is it a free hit and needs good man management to limit any damage?
    I don't know. it's more the way Martin has his teams playing. They could end up dancing around us, although they would do that to the senior pros as well. I just wouldn't want to see a young player get absolutely battered in public. On the other hand, it could be the making of some of them, opportunity and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I know it's not good to chuck young players in the depend but given our Injuries and the fact game has nothing on it for us I don't think we've anything to lose. Neither has the player.

Cardiff are 8/1 to win today.

I was just about to stick £20 on Southampton but it isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Cardiff are 8/1 to win today.

I was just about to stick £20 on Southampton but it isn't worth it
    8/1? Wow

I was just going to say I think Southampton Will bottle it today. Everyone expects them to win easily but they will bottle it. Us having injuries is good if it forces bulut to actually do something different so I'm more positive knowing some of the younger ones will have to play.

2 1 city.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    8/1? Wow

I was just going to say I think Southampton Will bottle it today. Everyone expects them to win easily but they will bottle it. Us having injuries is good if it forces bulut to actually do something different so I'm more positive knowing some of the younger ones will have to play.

2 1 city.
    I admire your optimism. Can't see a City win myself (I rarely do anyway). But, as you say, freshening up the team is perhaps no bad thing. Ng hasn't been playing well of late, neither has Wintle. Will give Romeo, Turnbull and Colwill a chance to see what they can do, as well as a couple of youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I admire your optimism. Can't see a City win myself (I rarely do anyway). But, as you say, freshening up the team is perhaps no bad thing. Ng hasn't been playing well of late, neither has Wintle. Will give Romeo, Turnbull and Colwill a chance to see what they can do, as well as a couple of youngsters.
    Exactly the injury list is long but none of them are playing very well anyway. All for likes of colwill Ashford and turnbull starting and Will give us a better chance of winning.

My guess is

Horvath
    Romeo
    Goutas
    Phillips
    Ralls
    Siopis
    Turnbull
    Tanner
    Colwill
    Meite
    Diedhiou