+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Waste Of Money

What A Waste Of Money

From a report and Media DM

135,000 operations on the day, at a cost of £400 million in lost theatre time.

A third of these are for potentially avoidable clinical reasons, including patients unprepared for surgery or with unaddressed co-morbidities.

Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC) wants the lists to be renamed as preparation list as part of thier study :
    ‘Blueprint for NHS efficiency’

Many drain the NHS and hinder its effecincies and performance through excessiveness, obiesty, smoking , drugs ,drink ,it seems a tad unfair andvsad when one loses a relative or friend who lead healthy lives or care is effected in this way .

Re: What A Waste Of Money

What?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What?
    Let me translate.

If you don't look after yourself perfectly in every way and need health care , its your own fault and you shouldn't be making a nuisance of yourself on the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Let me translate.

If you don't look after yourself perfectly in every way and need health care , its your own fault and you shouldn't be making a nuisance of yourself on the NHS.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed
    So, if someone injures themselves at work through carelessness, sod them, let them suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So, if someone injures themselves at work through carelessness, sod them, let them suffer?
    Doesn't that make most sports injuries untreatable as there is no need to be playing sport

We'd end up only treating natural disease and accidents but not the perpetrator of say a road traffic accident??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Doesn't that make most sports injuries untreatable as there is no need to be playing sport

We'd end up only treating natural disease and accidents but not the perpetrator of say a road traffic accident??
    Absolutely, that's why LOM is being utterly daft again.

What if a fat person in a car crash that wasn’t their fault gets a heart attack?

It’s the sort of thing that really makes you think….

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What if a fat person in a car crash that wasn’t their fault gets a heart attack?

Were they wearing a seat belt 🤔 so many questions - by the time you fill in the eligibility checklist most will have passed on

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

If you look after your body and health the best way you can. Dont smoke, dont eat rubbish food, do some exercise etc, then when something bad does happen to you - you will have a fighting chance of surviving it.
    Think of all the NHS hours saved - that could then be used on people who have had an accident, genetic disease, OAP's etc.

ps - dont forget to tax all the food manufacturers adding sugar to their products - to cover the cost of the damage people are doing to their bodies.

What if your arm falls off ?

Strange that it’s two posters whose messages on here tend to place them on the libertarian right who appear to be in favour of some sort of ban on who can be treated by the NHS.

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    If you look after your body and health the best way you can. Dont smoke, dont eat rubbish food, do some exercise etc, then when something bad does happen to you - you will have a fighting chance of surviving it.
    Think of all the NHS hours saved - that could then be used on people who have had an accident, genetic disease, OAP's etc.

ps - dont forget to tax all the food manufacturers adding sugar to their products - to cover the cost of the damage people are doing to their bodies.
    You wouldn't use them as much when you are young, but if you live a long enough life everything starts to fall apart from wear and tear,
    so you may end up costing the NHS more than the fat lazy greedy bastards that drink, smoke, eat shit, and die young?

If I am sensible can I have the extra 10 years being 20 again not going from 85 to 95, when everything is worn out?

So basically if you lead a healthy lifestyle you can get treatment and live longer. Does that mean you'll also get all the social care funded for you, when you're elderly and can no longer look after yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I’ve had worse. Tis' but a flesh wound

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post

Who's assessing all that when someone turns up to A&E?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Is this happy hour at Pete and Bernis philosophical steak house ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange that it’s two posters whose messages on here tend to place them on the libertarian right who appear to be in favour of some sort of ban on who can be treated by the NHS.
    It's a sort of liberal fascism

First Team

Why not do a Logans Run and kill us all off before we get old.
    Save the NHS billions and cut the waiting lists down.
    Just think of the savings on pensions as well.
    Win , win, for LoM ��

International

I think the OP was referring to people who are offered the treatment they want then just don't turn up for their operation and also don't bother to let the hospital know they aren't going so the hospital can schedule someone else for the time.
    As it is that slot is wasted when there are many thousands of people on the waiting lists who would jump at the chance if it was offered to them.
    I don't believe anyone was suggesting a person should be denied NHS medical care just because the happen to smoke or drink or be fat.
    Should those that don't turn up without good reason be charged for the wasted costs, would it focus peoples minds of taking the opportunity to have the care their body needs when it is offered?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think the OP was referring to people who are offered the treatment they want then just don't turn up for their operation and also don't bother to let the hospital know they aren't going so the hospital can schedule someone else for the time.
    As it is that slot is wasted when there are many thousands of people on the waiting lists who would jump at the chance if it was offered to them.
    I don't believe anyone was suggesting a person should be denied NHS medical care just because the happen to smoke or drink or be fat.
    Should those that don't turn up without good reason be charged for the wasted costs, would it focus peoples minds of taking the opportunity to have the care their body needs when it is offered?
    I know you Tories stick together, but he was referring to those people as a waste of NHS money. He said so himself in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Her arse?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You can never tell if something he posts are his own words or someone else’s. At least this time he mentions from where his message comes, but it’s not clear if all of his first post is down to the Daily Mail - my guess is that as the final para doesn’t read like one you’d read in a paper, that’s the OP summing things up, but I might be wrong.

LoM then agrees with a “summing up” by another poster as to what his message means, but, trying to be fair, that could be his opinion as to what is being said than his personal view. However, based on the OP’s posting history, it seems more likely that he supported what the Daily Mail was saying than he posted it because he was against what was being said.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Her arse?
    Her arse fell off ?