+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What A Waste Of Money

Re: What A Waste Of Money

I thought this was going to be a thread about either the House of Lords or the Royal family. Not a moan about common people whose wealth/health/living circumstances we know nothing about.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You can never tell if something he posts are his own words or someone else’s. At least this time he mentions from where his message comes, but it’s not clear if all of his first post is down to the Daily Mail - my guess is that as the final para doesn’t read like one you’d read in a paper, that’s the OP summing things up, but I might be wrong.

LoM then agrees with a “summing up” by another poster as to what his message means, but, trying to be fair, that could be his opinion as to what is being said than his personal view. However, based on the OP’s posting history, it seems more likely that he supported what the Daily Mail was saying than he posted it because he was against what was being said.
    Eric all political factions stick together regardless of if they stand to the left of Corbyn or the tight of Atilla. I was just commenting on what I saw as the main thrust of the article, and as I said I don't think anyone has or will be refused the medical cre they need jusy because they are not perfect weight to height, abstemious, or anything else.
    But people who leave operating room and treatment centres sitting idle may think twice if they knew it might cost them. It only takes a phone call to cancel or postpone. I know a man in my local who had a heart c'warning' as the doctors put it. He was scheduled for surgery but was overweight so was given a special diet regime and rescheduled. He has now gone3 times and been sent away because he hasn't lost an ounce.To compound it he is a coach driver so now cannot work and is claiming lots of benefits which if he had lost weight as asked would not be a continuing burden on our taxes.
    I think these are the kind of people that need to be addressed.
    But I don't intend to get into a slanging match with some on here, (I don't mean you) they are just my thoughts on the matter.

International

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Eric, Paul, all political factions stick together regardless of if they stand to the left of Corbyn or the tight of Atilla. I was just commenting on what I saw as the main thrust of the article, and as I said I don't think anyone has or will be refused the medical care they need just because they are not perfect weight to height, abstemious, or anything else.
    But people who leave operating room and treatment centres sitting idle may think twice if they knew it might cost them. It only takes a phone call to cancel or postpone. I know a man in my local who had a heart c'warning' as the doctors put it. He was scheduled for surgery but was overweight so was given a special diet regime and rescheduled. He has now gone 3 times and been sent away because he hasn't lost an ounce.To compound it he is a coach driver so now cannot work and is claiming lots of benefits which if he had lost weight as asked would not be a continuing burden on our taxes.
    But I don't intend to get into a slanging match with some on here, (I don't mean you) they are just my thoughts on the matter.
    This is meant to reply to both TOBW and The half a Bee, but I don't know how to add 2 quotes lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Eric all political factions stick together regardless of if they stand to the left of Corbyn or the tight of Atilla. I was just commenting on what I saw as the main thrust of the article, and as I said I don't think anyone has or will be refused the medical cre they need jusy because they are not perfect weight to height, abstemious, or anything else.
    But people who leave operating room and treatment centres sitting idle may think twice if they knew it might cost them. It only takes a phone call to cancel or postpone. I know a man in my local who had a heart c'warning' as the doctors put it. He was scheduled for surgery but was overweight so was given a special diet regime and rescheduled. He has now gone3 times and been sent away because he hasn't lost an ounce.To compound it he is a coach driver so now cannot work and is claiming lots of benefits which if he had lost weight as asked would not be a continuing burden on our taxes.
    Works the other way as well unfortunately in late cancellations of operations due to lack of staff

Just had to go private for back surgery due to waiting lists in the NHS and the anaesthetist was saying he was in theatre the day before and of the 5 scheduled ops only three took place all day due to not enough anaesthetists available so 2 people had to be sent home first thing

This isn't a COVID impact as my wife about 6/7 years ago needed a foot operation and had it cancelled 7 times including once when she was in the gown waiting to go to theatre - they had lost staff as an immediate impact of Brexit at the time so a real wild variable

There are number of funding and systemic issues with the NHS that will take a long time to resolve if at all including self care of us as a population

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Works the other way as well unfortunately in late cancellations of operations due to lack of staff

Just had to go private for back surgery due to waiting lists in the NHS and the anaesthetist was saying he was in theatre the day before and of the 5 scheduled ops only three took place all day due to not enough anaesthetists available so 2 people had to be sent home first thing

This isn't a COVID impact as my wife about 6/7 years ago needed a foot operation and had it cancelled 7 times including once when she was in the gown waiting to go to theatre - they had lost staff as an immediate impact of Brexit at the time so a real wild variable

There are number of funding and systemic issues with the NHS that will take a long time to resolve if at all including self care of us as a population
    I agree and if the got rid of the layers of non medical management that add nothing to the service there would be more money where it's needed. The old Medical Directors (Professors senior surgeons etc) and Matrons ran a far more efficient and patient facing organisation then .