+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brussels Mayor Tries To Stop Right Wing Conservative Meeting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brussels Mayor Tries To Stop Right Wing Conservative Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Stopping a 1917 style Soviet one may have saved millions of lives too. Should we send the police into any left wing meeting?
    That depends what they are advocating. The end of an imperialistic dictatorship - no. Bringing back Liz Truss? Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That depends what they are advocating. The end of an imperialistic dictatorship - no. Bringing back Liz Truss? Yes
    I see Truss was saying Farage should join the Tory party yesterday - the attention that woman gets since her humiliation as Prime Minister is astonishing. Thing is, she, and Farage, have powerful and influential backers who see the current UK Government as too left wing. Assuming Labour win the election when it comes, they’d better make a good job of running the country because what may come after them makes me despair for the youngsters of today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Truss was saying Farage should join the Tory party yesterday - the attention that woman gets since her humiliation as Prime Minister is astonishing. Thing is, she, and Farage, have powerful and influential backers who see the current UK Government as too left wing. Assuming Labour win the election when it comes, they’d better make a good job of running the country because what may come after them makes me despair for the youngsters of today.
    Did you see the LBC interview with Liz Truss? - maybe you should watch it, in order to get both sides of the story. I watched it - and there are definitely two sides to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Did you see the LBC interview with Liz Truss? - maybe you should watch it, in order to get both sides of the story. I watched it - and there are definitely two sides to the story.
    The one side of the story is she's a barking mad right wing nutcase

My view is she's worse than that

Started off as a Liberal

Can't be trusted

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I managed forty five minutes (which I reckon I deserve a medal for) and then had to give up. She’s utterly self absorbed and she’s deluded when it comes to the “establishment” in this country. She was feeble when asked to explain her switch from Lib Dems to Conservatives and, although she was more coherent than she ever was as Prime Minister, I still spent much of the time wondering what she was talking about.

Of course there are two sides to the story, she’s never going to admit to being wrong, so you’ve got her on one side of the argument and the rest on the other (I’m not being serious there by the way, but even huge tracts of her own party don’t agree with her).