+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OK. If Bulut goes, what about Edwards of Luton?

OK. If Bulut goes, what about Edwards of Luton?

The "Bulut to Turkey" rumour mentioned on the board may or not be true. I suspect Bulut may be using some friends in Turkey to start agent rumours to test how secure his role is here with Tan. Or, Tan and Dalman may be stalling and perhaps it is true. Who knows? Either way, if Luton were to be relegated would Edwards be a good option?

Why He May Not Be in Demand, Or Willing To Leave
    Let's face it, there is unlikely to be a queue of Premiership clubs bidding for him as he has relegated them, and doesn't have a proven track record in that division, so he represents a huge risk. Equally, the Championship clubs around us with money at the top of the table already have European coaches with a good track record, or will be going up. So I don't see high-level Championship clubs gunning for him either. The only reason I can think he would stay is that the parachute money would give him a good competitive advantage in the Championship and probable chance of going back up, but that is predicated on them wanting to keep him in the first place.

Why Would He Come Here?
    Luton is also a club with a rubbish stadium in a rubbish town - it cannot be an uplifting role. It is a pretty ugly place. Cardiff is a city a lot of people come to love so that could be a pull. People often play the "Welsh" card. True his parents were Welsh so he feels Welsh, but does he have any strong affinity to South Wales? If so, a pull. A good stadium. Downsides here are obvious in that we are poorly organised and led, and the player budget isn't likely to be a pull. But if he can promote youth, he is he man to introduce a high tempo passing game. He is also a man that can do it on a tight wallet so the profile fits. Some decent reasons there.

Is he also financially viable within our coach budget? If Luton are relegated and it is financially viable, then would he be a reasonable target?

Re: OK. If Bulut goes, what about Edwards of Luton?

I think he will stay at Luton, he was one I wanted when we were managerless and he was out of work not long ago.

They won't sack him.

Last time a Manager used that trick we ended up with Mick ****ing McCarthy.

Eric is staying, apologies, that's all I can say at this juncture .

Luton has an airport.

Lorraine Chase , Charles Bronson came from there.

It's famous for making straw hats.

Why would he want to leave.

Oh and they have bus station and less 20mph roads.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Eric is staying, apologies, that's all I can say at this juncture .

Luton has an airport.

Lorraine Chase , Charles Bronson came from there.

It's famous for making straw hats.

Why would he want to leave.

Oh and they have bus station and less 20mph roads.
    And Stephen Yaxley Lennon. Right up your street

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And Stephen Yaxley Lennon. Right up your street
    Whose Eric 🤔

Someone put a stop to this incessant nonsense.

Saw this article earlier saying if Bulut goes we should consider Richie Wellens from Leyton Orient.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...act-saga-view/

We were linked with his son Charlie last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Saw this article earlier saying if Bulut goes we should consider Richie Wellens from Leyton Orient.

Don’t know enough about Wellens as a manager to comment, but if he tries to get his teams playing as he did, I’m a fan of him as a manager = he was a very good second and third tier midfield player around twenty years ago.

I think Rob Edwards is unrealistic now, Forest Green’s relegation from the EFL last night makes the job he did there look more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

He seems to have built a good reputation at Orient. Plays attacking football, I believe in a 4-1-2-3 style like Klopp but stand to be corrected on that.

I would be happy with any one of Cooper, Potter or Edwards but they really are out of our league.

I would be happy with any manager who plays attacking football and gives our own Academy graduates a fair chance (not expecting them to build a team around them).

We want to be competitive at least challenging for a play off place and have a go in the Cups. Any more than that would be a freak (like Ipswich this year).

Ironically FFP regulations favour the Premiership relegated teams so much that the chances of any number of teams challenging the three very, very unlikely

Given the squad of cloggers, how long does a "footballing" manager get here, 10, 15 games?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    He seems to have built a good reputation at Orient. Plays attacking football, I believe in a 4-1-2-3 style like Klopp but stand to be corrected on that.

I would be happy with any one of Cooper, Potter or Edwards but they really are out of our league.

I would be happy with any manager who plays attacking football and gives our own Academy graduates a fair chance (not expecting them to build a team around them).

We want to be competitive at least challenging for a play off place and have a go in the Cups. Any more than that would be a freak (like Ipswich this year).

Ironically FFP regulations favour the Premiership relegated teams so much that the chances of any number of teams challenging the three very, very unlikely
    His manageial career has been a bit of a mixed bag thus far. Doing well at Orient but last two jobs at Salford and Doncaster he didnt pull up any trees.