Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
There's an answer that tells us nothing, but I'll address each point made.

"We will always find enough money in every transfer window to get in a few decent players, we managed it last year with a transfer embargo."

Last summer our permanent signings were Goutas, Meite, Ramsey and (eventually) Siopis. Meite is crap, Ramsey won't be fit next season (might even be retired), Siopis is nothing special at this level and Goutas is an ok defender. Add to that Horvath, who I don't see as any better than Alnwick, and Turnbull, who has offered nothing so far. Our permanent signings haven't been up to much. Even if we have £3-4 million to spend, there is absolutely no guarantee of bringing in much better than what we have currently.

"Some big wages will leave we can use some of that. "

Which big wages are these? I can't say I follow players' contracts or wages with much interest, but according to Transfermarkt, only Collins and Sawyers are out of contract this summer. 9 players' contracts are due to expire in a year's time. They are Alnwick, Ramsey, Meite, Ralls, Goutas, Robinson, Romeo, Etete and O'Dowda. Goutas and O'Dowda are worth contract extensions, Ralls possibly. I can't see too many offers for the others (Ramsey apart, who will be retired by then), so do we pay up their contracts as we've done way too often in the past?

"We don't need a total rebuild this time, we need a few more bricks to add to the half built CCFC top half team"

This summer we'll be losing Phillips, Grant, Bowler, Wilson-Esbrand and Diedhiou. Sawyers and Collins will likely leave. Our keeping situation is ok for this division. We may have Tsunoda, a total unknown. Bagan might be back. We could also have King, Rinhamota, Adams, Davies, Ojo and Denham. Lots of returning players but not many that makes me think they'll improve us. King perhaps, Davies if he's used properly. I don't know if any of those will be out of contract.

"Thats the main advantage for sticking with Bulut he will know whats needed."

I wish he did. Probably more defensive midfielders.
I’m pretty sure Bulut said Collins has extended by a year because of the number of games, which I think is a good thing even if he ends up being back up, he’s a useful player.