+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What would be your strategy for next season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What would be your strategy for next season

First and foremost we will have plenty of "wriggle room" with FFP as the 2022 loss of £27m drops out of the next assessment period, so assuming we are within FFP at the end of this season we can lose up to that 2022 amount in the next period.
    My assessment is:
    'keepers - we are fine
    Defenders - could do with a CB who can pass the ball and a LB who can get up the pitch (preferably someone better than Collins but at least a capable back up)
    Midfielders - we are stuffed with CMs of on kind or another but need someone with a bit more energy to support the forwards.
    Forwards - we are absolutely desperate for a decent CF and probably a decent back up option too. Out wide whether they are forwards or wide mids we have a few options but are also short of any quality (apart from O'Dowda).

My signing targets list in order of priority would be:
    CF
    back-up CF
    Right-sided Forward/Mid
    CB who can pass the effing ball
    LB who can get up and down the whole pitch
    Left-sided Forward/Mid back up for O'Dowda

International

Re: What would be your strategy for next season

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    First and foremost we will have plenty of "wriggle room" with FFP as the 2022 loss of £27m drops out of the next assessment period, so assuming we are within FFP at the end of this season we can lose up to that 2022 amount in the next period.
    My assessment is:
    'keepers - we are fine
    Defenders - could do with a CB who can pass the ball and a LB who can get up the pitch (preferably someone better than Collins but at least a capable back up)
    Midfielders - we are stuffed with CMs of on kind or another but need someone with a bit more energy to support the forwards.
    Forwards - we are absolutely desperate for a decent CF and probably a decent back up option too. Out wide whether they are forwards or wide mids we have a few options but are also short of any quality (apart from O'Dowda).

My signing targets list in order of priority would be:
    CF
    back-up CF
    Right-sided Forward/Mid
    CB who can pass the effing ball
    LB who can get up and down the whole pitch
    Left-sided Forward/Mid back up for O'Dowda
    Agreed on positions they are priority.