+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Colwill thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Colwill thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Russ knows best then, Because not one person commented on Colwill's performance in the match thread or lifted one of the many threads on hear about him to offer their praise. Just goes to show that us fans haven't got a clue, eh..
    I like you didnt go.

My son came straight through the door and said Colwill was superb and just doesnt get why he doesnt play every week.

Ive got loads of friends who support Swansea. Every single one of them commented that they couldnt understand why he didnt start v them as he was different class when he came on.

The threads ive seen this season when weve been utter shit and its turned into Colwill bashing has been ridiculous. So yeah I think fans sometimes dont have a clue.

If Colwill did go to Southampton or a top Championship side im sure hed do really well.

Personally I think hes a real talent who looks comfortable on the ball. For someone so big he should improve his strength and aggression on the ball.

A better coach would get better out of him. I think minimum he will be a top Championship player - but of course i may know nothing as a fan.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I like you didnt go.

My son came straight through the door and said Colwill was superb and just doesnt get why he doesnt play every week.

Ive got loads of friends who support Swansea. Every single one of them commented that they couldnt understand why he didnt start v them as he was different class when he came on.

The threads ive seen this season when weve been utter shit and its turned into Colwill bashing has been ridiculous. So yeah I think fans sometimes dont have a clue.

If Colwill did go to Southampton or a top Championship side im sure hed do really well.

Personally I think hes a real talent who looks comfortable on the ball. For someone so big he should improve his strength and aggression on the ball.

A better coach would get better out of him. I think minimum he will be a top Championship player - but of course i may know nothing as a fan.��
    I think it's pretty simple when it comes to Colwill. He has to create a bit more and score a few more. When-If that happens then we can put the argument to bed in my opinion. I've no doubt he played well yesterday, and i reckon i know what Russ is talking about having seen Colwill play on numerous occasions. If he turns in to a consistent championship player then i'll take that, and i would have when he first came on to the scene. Plenty on hear (as usual) got carried away, got all emotional because he's Welsh, Academy etc, then did their usual thing where they dig their heels in and blame everyone else because it isn't working out as they expected. That's the problem on here, it's infantile, and we van't get a decent debate going because of all the emotive shit. Mozzer can't let Bulut go because he played futsbal once in 1989. As for Colwill, we'll see how far he can go, and good luck to him, and the other young players coming through.

I like you didnt go.

A better coach would get better out of him. I think minimum he will be a top Championship player - but of course i may know nothing as a fan.😂
    I share your lack of knowledge.
    He is the one player I enjoy watching even when the team isn't doing so well.
    I haven't enjoyed watching the skill of any one player since Lee Tomlin.
    When he gets slagged of on here I find myself shaking my head , he has come through our youth system, there is little tolerance.
    At the moment everyone is screaming for the youngsters to be played
    soon as they miss place a pass and we lose they will be getting destroyed on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I share your lack of knowledge.
    He is the one player I enjoy watching even when the team isn't doing so well.
    I haven't enjoyed watching the skill of any one player since Lee Tomlin.
    When he gets slagged of on here I find myself shaking my head , he has come through our youth system, there is little tolerance.
    At the moment everyone is screaming for the youngsters to be played
    soon as they miss place a pass and we lose they will be getting destroyed on here.
    And the last two sentences are what I mean about the emotional stuff that's used in support of Colwill, none of it that true in my opinion, but used by people nevertheless. There's not much articulation on what Colwill does well and what he needs to improve on, that's something I can't understand. It doesn't make for good debate, especially when we're all on the same side.

And the last two sentences are what I mean about the emotional stuff that's used in support of Colwill, none of it that true in my opinion, but used by people nevertheless. There's not much articulation on what Colwill does well and what he needs to improve on, that's something I can't understand. It doesn't make for good debate, especially when we're all on the same side.
    He makes space ,can pick a pass and is capable of beating his man .
    Its a good question and I shall pay more attention in future . He has the magical talent to change a game with any of the above.

Tanner started with that amazing goal against Swansea , he hasn't shown much since, yesterday he was selected in the defence against a team known for fast attacking football, he looked like a football player again going forward .
    I am happy to wait with youngsters and give them more than a chance , especially home grown youngsters .
    The belief that you can add King, Davies and any other player out on loan and build a side seems fanciful , you need to mix the youth with a degree of experience. I will be happy to be proved wrong on that one.

He makes space ,can pick a pass and is capable of beating his man .
    Its a good question and I shall pay more attention in future . He has the magical talent to change a game with any of the above.

Tanner started with that amazing goal against Swansea , he hasn't shown much since, yesterday he was selected in the defence against a team known for fast attacking football, he looked like a football player again going forward .
    I am happy to wait with youngsters and give them more than a chance , especially home grown youngsters .
    The belief that you can add King, Davies and any other player out on loan and build a side seems fanciful , you need to mix the youth with a degree of experience. I will be happy to be proved wrong on that one.
    Fair enough Jim. I don't doubt Colwill's natural ability and how he has come on this season on other aspects of his game. The issue i have is his end product. In my opinion it's not great, the success rate (from his point of view) isn't the best. For him to become a top end Championship player-Lower premier league player then it has to improve. It has to, because that's the role he plays. People have a go at Siopis or ralls, or whoever else based on their skill set, what is achievable on their part. And when they fail they're rightly criticised. Colwill possesses a different skill set, and when he fails to make the correct decisions then it's fair game, and he'd know that himself. Problem is that it's ignored on here because he's creative, local, Welsh, came through the academy etc. If people are happy with one great bit of skill in 5 then fair enough, although i bet Colwill isn't, and the people who will or can determine his future wont be either.

I always give him credit when he plays well, has done some exceptional, but for balance i think it only fair to pick up on his frailties as well. That isn't the case on here, people ignore stuff which is important in my opinion, andwe can't really have a sensible debate because some posters opinions are completely clouded with a blind loyalty towards local players, especially if they have come through the ranks.

Fair enough Jim. I don't doubt Colwill's natural ability and how he has come on this season on other aspects of his game. The issue i have is his end product. In my opinion it's not great, the success rate (from his point of view) isn't the best. For him to become a top end Championship player-Lower premier league player then it has to improve. It has to, because that's the role he plays. People have a go at Siopis or ralls, or whoever else based on their skill set, what is achievable on their part. And when they fail they're rightly criticised. Colwill possesses a different skill set, and when he fails to make the correct decisions then it's fair game, and he'd know that himself. Problem is that it's ignored on here because he's creative, local, Welsh, came through the academy etc. If people are happy with one great bit of skill in 5 then fair enough, although i bet Colwill isn't, and the people who will or can determine his future wont be either.

I always give him credit when he plays well, has done some exceptional, but for balance i think it only fair to pick up on his frailties as well. That isn't the case on here, people ignore stuff which is important in my opinion, andwe can't really have a sensible debate because some posters opinions are completely clouded with a blind loyalty towards local players, especially if they have come through the ranks.
    I am surprised you think there is too much defence of our home grown talent, I have always felt the criticism of local lads is extra special savage.
    Local lads coming through the ranks is good for business, build them up and sell them on .Personally it great to see anyone develop at the club and get sold for a profit , the youngsters especially. Man City steal all the young talent from clubs like ours to sell them after a spell on loan showing their talents in their late teens early twenties .
    Perhaps we will get a return from Adams ,Davies et all?

I'm not sure anybody expects them to be the foundation of the side, but they would be an appropriate way to add squad depth. The two most successful English Clubs are Liverpool and Man City, they only operate a squad of about 20 senior players and then supplement with talented youngsters.

We currently have 23 senior pro's in our squad excluding Tanner and Rubin Colwill who still qualify as U21's. In addition Antwi counts as a senior player and we have 7 more senior players out on loan (Rinhomota, Adams, Davies, Evans, Bagan, Zimba and Ojo). In addition to Tanner and Rubin; King, Conte, Luthra, Turner, Denham, Fagan-Walcott and Kavanagh will, if they are still with us, become senior players next season.

We have a huge squad, we just need more quality guaranteed starters and fewer senior fringe players. Quality not quantity.

International

I like you didnt go.

It's just the consistency that's been keeping him out I think and some decision-making, but he has progressed this season, I would give him and Ashford Man of the match, they were both superb and no doubt will have scouts looking through our videos of this season and keeping a closer eye on their development, things are looking a little bit better on the young player development. Conte also set up the first goal and it was good to see him giving everything and looking surprisingly confident.