+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Colwill thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Colwill thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That’s not objective either way though. I think what some of us would like to read is more balanced debate which I think is what Tuerto is alluding to. There’s too much bias towards Welsh youth players at Cardiff imo by some fans. I could care less where a Cardiff City player comes from or is born.
    Your "bias" is my support. What a ridiculous thing to say. If biased means wanting to encourage and be positive about academy players, then I plead guilty. God only knows we need some talent to come through the ranks, and not to be undermined as they progress. Some people's default position is to picks holes in our young players. I have watched Rubin for about 5 years, since he was in the under 19's. He has always stood out as a talent. Someone with real potential. That doesn't mean he's perfect. But some just want want to focus on his faults. This season the latest one was "he can't last 90 mins" - well he shot that to bits on Saturday. He just keeps proving people wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Your "bias" is my support. What a ridiculous thing to say. If biased means wanting to encourage and be positive about academy players, then I plead guilty. God only knows we need some talent to come through the ranks, and not to be undermined as they progress. Some people's default position is to picks holes in our young players. I have watched Rubin for about 5 years, since he was in the under 19's. He has always stood out as a talent. Someone with real potential. That doesn't mean he's perfect. But some just want want to focus on his faults. This season the latest one was "he can't last 90 mins" - well he shot that to bits on Saturday. He just keeps proving people wrong.
    And as if to prove my point you reply with a post that is dripping with indignant emotion, bias and subjectivity. What a ridiculous thing to do (see what I did there?). Your post doesn't read as 'supportive' to me it reads more like someone who has a personal interest. Maybe you're related? Maybe I've touched a nerve?

Whatever it is, the vast majority of fans, ST holders etc don't give a toss about the academy, Welsh players coming through, call them by their first names (they wouldn't know who they are) and haven't followed them since they've been a foetus. Most managers aren't interested either unless there's anyone who's going to further their managerial career. Most people just turn up on a match day and want to see City do well.

Now the fact that some follow the youth, kids, whatever you want to refer to them as, is great. Knock yourself out. But don't get all indignant when your emotionally invested youth player gets judged alongside the rest of his teammates because that's the real world. I kind of agree that it's unhealthy to have such personal investment in 'Rubin' unless you're a mate, family member or connected.

It would be unhealthy for me to start posting about any City players like they were my mates. I'd feel weird doing that.

I have zero guilt about not giving a toss about under 19s or whatever. I pay my money and turn up for a game of football. That's it really.

And as if to prove my point you reply with a post that is dripping with indignant emotion, bias and subjectivity. It's called opinion, but I like the use of "dripping". What a ridiculous thing to do (see what I did there?) - Yep, very clever! . Your post doesn't read as 'supportive' to me it reads more like someone who has a personal interest. I do have a personal interest - I support my club. Maybe you're related? Maybe I've touched a nerve? You get on my nerves, is that the same thing? But no relation or connection.

Whatever it is, the vast majority of fans, ST holders etc don't give a toss about the academy, Welsh players coming through, call them by their first names (they wouldn't know who they are) and haven't followed them since they've been a foetus. Most managers aren't interested either unless there's anyone who's going to further their managerial career. Most people just turn up on a match day and want to see City do well. - I think this is called projection - project your bias on everyone else that supports the club. But perhaps it's better to call it utter bollux?

Now the fact that some follow the youth, kids, whatever you want to refer to them as, is great. Knock yourself out. But don't get all indignant when your emotionally invested youth player gets judged alongside the rest of his teammates because that's the real world. I kind of agree that it's unhealthy to have such personal investment in 'Rubin' unless you're a mate, family member or connected. You're repeating yourself - perhaps I've touched a nerve? - See what I did there?

It would be unhealthy for me to start posting about any City players like they were my mates. I'd feel weird doing that.

I have zero guilt about not giving a toss about under 19s or whatever. I pay my money and turn up for a game of football. That's it really.
    Congratulations and thank the lord we are not all like you.

Please see observations above.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Congratulations and thank the lord we are not all like you.

Please see observations above.
    Cardiff City is not my life. I have other interests. Thanks for sharing.

Cardiff City is not my life. I have other interests. Thanks for sharing.
    Says the man with 4,752 posts on a Cardiff City message board.