+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has the club ever been "well run"?

Has the club ever been "well run"?

I suppose it must have been once but since the 80s?

It's always been a circus hasn't it?

Clemo, Rick Wright, cadman mystery consortium, kumar, Sam, Ridsdale, tan......

How far back would have to go?

I suppose Sam and Rick Wright were similar in that for a time they both had almost hero worship status but things unraveled quickly with both.

Re: Has the club ever been "well run"?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I suppose it must have been once but since the 80s?

It's always been a circus hasn't it?

Clemo, Rick Wright, cadman mystery consortium, kumar, Sam, Ridsdale, tan......

How far back would have to go?

I suppose Sam and Rick Wright were similar in that for a time they both had almost hero worship status but things unraveled quickly with both.
    Or maybe things now are the most stable they have ever been we just can't see it at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Or maybe things now are the most stable they have ever been we just can't see it at the moment?
    Yes, could be. It's just that expectation has gone through the roof.

Compare it to my 1st 25 years of watching the City 1975-2001! Then Hammann came and changed everything, as football has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Yes, could be. It's just that expectation has gone through the roof.

Compare it to my 1st 25 years of watching the City 1975-2001! Then Hammann came and changed everything, as football has changed.
    I suppose the real disappointment is promotion to the Premier league always felt such a big thing for the money and the parachute payments.

However both promotions were wasted and within a couple of season both times we ended up with a worse side than before we got promoted and a much heavier wage bill. We aren't the only club to mess up promotion and the parachute payments but some clubs like Burnley and West brom- and the 3 relegated last season- seem to be able to do better than we did.

Of course there are others like Sunderland who then get relegated again and we just about avoided that but we certainly didn't kick on after either promotion.

However in terms of stability I don't think they've ever stopped backing their managers financially?