Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If we’re saying one incident prompted a transformation, then that one with Diedhiou is as likely as any to be it. The Diedhiou who played for forty minutes or so on Saturday was different to the one we’d seen previously and I didn’t think he had it in him to gain a corner in such circumstances.

However, if I had to guess as to what happened, I’d opt for a combination of maybe three things. I thought City were like a team that had either been read a riot act about the second half performance against Millwall (and much of the previous home game against Hull) being unacceptable or they’d realised it themselves and had decided they owed the manager and supporters something. Secondly, Southampton were no longer opening us up at will like they had been in the first half and a feeling that we could make them pay for all of those missed chances gradually took hold.

Thirdly, for some in the squad there was the chance of finally getting something out of a Russell Martin side. I had no problem with him giving it large after his wins over us with Swansea, but I was not impressed when he did the same after the game at Southampton in December and maybe a few in the City side remembered that? Throw in a welcome dose of youthful enthusiasm as well and possibly that may explain it.
Martin in his post match placed the blame firmly on his substitutions as the reason for change ??

Also in relation to Martin's behaviour - just out of interest do you think it is acceptable for an employee of an opposition club to mimick actions related to football violence and condone it from his players as well as both Martin and now Williams have both done - not having a go just curious - just that Martin was saying we didn't know him personally but I think we have had an insight into what he thinks is acceptable and not