Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
Martin in his post match placed the blame firmly on his substitutions as the reason for change ??

Also in relation to Martin's behaviour - just out of interest do you think it is acceptable for an employee of an opposition club to mimick actions related to football violence and condone it from his players as well as both Martin and now Williams have both done - not having a go just curious - just that Martin was saying we didn't know him personally but I think we have had an insight into what he thinks is acceptable and not
I didn't really get the subs thing. I saw him say it and some Southampton fans were saying the same thing but all four of his second half changes came after the equaliser so we'd already got back in the game. Momentum had shifted and he couldn't get it back but that doesn't explain why it had slipped away from them in the first place.

All I've got is that they switched off after around an hour. Leicester away coming up and we were posing no threat, maybe they thought it wasn't worth the effort of chasing a second when they could ease off and see the game out comfortably (Ipswich did the same but much later). I said to my lad after the Diedhiou incident that our only chance was Southampton settling for the 1-0 and that's how it turned out. Diedhiou and Meite were unlikely candidates to lead the charge but fair play to them both.

Once they'd switched off they couldn't switch on again. Martin certainly seems to rub people up the wrong way but I can't say whether he was providing motivation for our players as TOBW suggested. We were certainly driven by something, it felt like a Cup Final by the end. Poor Rubin could barely stand up, it's the first time I've seen someone pull out of a post-goal celebration for a lie-down. His legs gave way from under him like Devon Loch when he was tracking back in the last minute but he battled on. I'm guessing he didn't walk home after.