+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question For Eric Half A Bee

A Question For Eric Half A Bee

Our boards statistician

i mentioned on another thread we have given 8 academy players there debuts this season

How many did Warnock give debuts too in each of his seasons when he was in charge here ?

Re: A Question For Eric Half A Bee

I'm no Eric, but I think Ibrahim Meite and Mark Harris in his first season - and not much else

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Our boards statistician

i mentioned on another thread we have given 8 academy players there debuts this season

How many did Warnock give debuts too in each of his seasons when he was in charge here ?
    I have no idea. Not many if memory serves, but I don't keep stats about such things.

I think it's worth mentioning that there's no way we would have given 8 academy players their debuts hadn't it been for injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have no idea. Not many if memory serves, but I don't keep stats about such things.

I think it's worth mentioning that there's no way we would have given 8 academy players their debuts hadn't it been for injuries.
    That's not exclusive to this season - we haven't had a strategy for blooding youngsters for years

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It’s also worth mentioning that Ashford made his first sub appearance in league game number 42 and his first start in league game number 44, while the only other academy players to make Championship appearances did so in game 44 as subs (Conte and Giles).

Even the most ardent Bulut fan can’t pretend he’s had a policy of bringing the youngsters through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s also worth mentioning that Ashford made his first sub appearance in league game number 42 and his first start in league game number 44, while the only other academy players to make Championship appearances did so in game 44 as subs (Conte and Giles).

Even the most ardent Bulut fan can’t pretend he’s had a policy of bringing the youngsters through.
    I'm not sure that's what he was getting at, i think the question was yours, which manager has had a policy of bringing through youth at Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I'm not sure that's what he was getting at, i think the question was yours, which manager has had a policy of bringing through youth at Cardiff?
    Mick McCarthy brought a few through I think. Morrison also played a few initially, but that didn’t last. I give up. Which manager has had a policy of bringing through youth at Cardiff?

Dave Jones, Malky Mackay, Mick McCarthy, Steve Morison.

Bulut has this weird attitude towards cup matches - he plays a completely different type of football in them and is much more prepared to use youngsters. Joel Colwill has spent close to half a season sat on the bench for the first team and still hasn’t played a minute of Championship football - our manager clearly doesn’t see cup football as “real” football as applied to young players.

The internet is wonderful isn't it, people post their opinions which they are entitled to make, and other people take it personally and make it their life's mission to comment against any negativity (how dare lifelong fans have opinions)

At a glance today Mozz has posted about Bulut getting manager of the day (Swansea won 4-0 Stoke 3-0 and lowly Qpr beat Preston to officially be safe from relegation) and is banging on about Bulut like he's got a history of promoting youth. We saw them because 11 players were out injured and its taken an age after we were in "no mans land" to give them minutes...

International

We are builiding a cracking list, it's the wrong reasons for blooding youngsters now, the wrong type of goals, wrong type of wins, surprised someone hasn't said we've got the wrong type of grass

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We are builiding a cracking list, it's the wrong reasons for blooding youngsters now, the wrong type of goals, wrong type of wins, surprised someone hasn't said we've got the wrong type of grass
    Do you think Ashford starts without injuries or illness in the squad? Just a yes or no answer not your usual manoeuvring.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Do you think Ashford starts without injuries or illness in the squad? Just a yes or no answer not your usual manoeuvring.
    Same as Klopp, Pep, and McCarthy (added cos some dope is bound to say you think Buluts as good as Pep) young players get their chance when the teams have injuries, if it's Liverpool Klops is a genius, if it's Bulut he's a jammy Kent.

Mick McCarthy brought a few through I think. Morrison also played a few initially, but that didn’t last. I give up. Which manager has had a policy of bringing through youth at Cardiff?
    I've no idea that's why i asked, it wasn't a rhetorical question!

Without looking, off the top of my head the most sustainable that went on to have a career is it / would it be Dave Jones maybe, i know he was there a long time but i remember we had a decent pathway (but could be well out) Ramsey, Ledley, Chris Gunter, Joe Jacobsson, Mathews, Darcy Blake ( lol)...

I can remember plenty of people complaining that Dave Jones didn't trust the youth enough at the time

Same as Klopp, Pep, and McCarthy (added cos some dope is bound to say you think Buluts as good as Pep) young players get their chance when the teams have injuries, if it's Liverpool Klops is a genius, if it's Bulut he's a jammy Kent.
    You went with the manoeuvre then

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can remember plenty of people complaining that Dave Jones didn't trust the youth enough at the time
    Ramsey not playing in the FA Cup Final

I've no idea that's why i asked, it wasn't a rhetorical question!

Without looking, off the top of my head the most sustainable that went on to have a career is it / would it be Dave Jones maybe, i know he was there a long time but i remember we had a decent pathway (but could be well out) Ramsey, Ledley, Chris Gunter, Joe Jacobsson, Mathews, Darcy Blake ( lol)...
    wrong post.

via GIPHY

wiggle wiggle

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

via GIPHY

wiggle wiggle
    Is that your burst implant

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dave Jones, Malky Mackay, Mick McCarthy, Steve Morison.

Bulut has this weird attitude towards cup matches - he plays a completely different type of football in them and is much more prepared to use youngsters. Joel Colwill has spent close to half a season sat on the bench for the first team and still hasn’t played a minute of Championship football - our manager clearly doesn’t see cup football as “real” football as applied to young players.
    Morison, really? Not sure who he broke in, was Bagan & Davies? Signing 17 players in 1 window ( ) was a ringing endorsement of the quality of our youth, and he should know he was managing them previously.

Morison, really? Not sure who he broke in, was Bagan & Davies? Signing 17 players in 1 window ( ) was a ringing endorsement of the quality of our youth, and he should know he was managing them previously.
    Zimba. I think Harris gave Bagan his debut

From memory I think McCarthy gave debuts to Colwill, Evans, Bowen, King, D'Almeida, T.Davies and Denham

Oh dear, oh dear.

Klopp and Pep brought through loads of youngsters throughout their career and not just when there was injuries. Klopp is renowned for it every club hes been at.

Last season Pep brought through Rico Lewis, this year Oscar Bobb. He played Rico Lewis in some massive games back end of last year when they were chasing the treble, ahead of more established players such as Kyle Walker.

Bulut wouldnt do that in a million years, stop talking nonsense ffs.

Imagine using Pep as an example ffs.

He broke up one of the best Barcelona teams ever and told Ronaldinho he wasnt part of his plans so he could bring through the next generation of youngsters.

Absolutely clueless. Say.

Pep apparently didn't rate Cole Palmer though.