Thread: Clan Ashford

Clan Ashford

Where in the Rhondda is Cian from?

Re: Clan Ashford

Treorchy.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Treorchy.
    Yeah, his career began to move forward more quickly from the moment I moved up here.

Ha...dis not realise he was from Treorchy....always had a soft spot for there as it was my very first job at 16...in the Midland Bank there...is it still there on the corner? Many happy memories ruling off the ledgers in ink (not biro...) at midnight New Year's eve...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, his career began to move forward more quickly from the moment I moved up here.
    ...I also used to go to Treherbert sub branch Bob...next to the Italian cafe...(What WAS it's name..???!!) Spinachi? no..can't be that....Spinnetti? always used to bring in five shilling bags in pennies/halfpennies!!

Great to see him get a goal, not seen the game was the assist by Luey Giles?

Good to see a few youth players get meaningful game time, even if it was a forced hand.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Treorchy.
    So basically North Cardiff then....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ...I also used to go to Treherbert sub branch Bob...next to the Italian cafe...(What WAS it's name..???!!) Spinachi? no..can't be that....Spinnetti? always used to bring in five shilling bags in pennies/halfpennies!!
    This it Maurice?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...e-sold-2226885

AH...That's it...Cam Strinati.....great guy...I was young at the time...sometimes the till did not balance by five shillings...and I would ask Cam if he was sure his paying in was ok....he would always reply ..."it's ok...just adjust it" !!! Fond memories in life....

AH...That's it...Cam Strinati.....great guy...I was young at the time...sometimes the till did not balance by five shillings...and I would ask Cam if he was sure his paying in was ok....he would always reply ..."it's ok...just adjust it" !!! Fond memories in life....
    Fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fraud.
    ..I hold my hand up...the innocence of youth...

in the Midland Bank there...is it still there on the corner?
    Not sure if you're aware of this, but Midland Bank disappeared 25 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apparently the academy are looking at you Paul since you’ve gone north!!!!