+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sunday football 21/04

Re: Sunday football 21/04

In my opinion, VAR is the worst thing that has ever happened to the game in this country. However, lest we forget that Old Skool favourite Neil Warnock spoke in favour of it, Cardiff City voted in favour of its introduction in 2018 and Erol Bulut wants it introduced in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In my opinion, VAR is the worst thing that has ever happened to the game in this country. However, lest we forget that Old Skool favourite Neil Warnock spoke in favour of it, Cardiff City voted in favour of its introduction in 2018 and Erol Bulut wants it introduced in the Championship.
    Shows how many numpties there are in football.

I never wanted it, I remember people questioning why I wouldn’t want a fairer game. As I said then, it will swap one set of problems for another. Hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    And who drew that line? Who freeze framed it? The ball is on a players foot for longer than a freeze frame?

Anything that needs lines drawing or a freeze frame VAR shouldn't be involved with.

Blatant cheating.

I always defended refs before as on the pitch it's hard but now hundreds of miles away they choose which decisions to get involved and when. Had that been man u who scored no way would var have got involved. No way.

Like when a man City player fly kicked a Liverpool player in the chest at anfield. VAR didn't want to get involved yet. Imagine if a wolves player did that to a man u player! VAR would be involved then for sure.

You only have to listen to Mike Dean on sky to fully understand how much refs just make stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Coventry fans stay and clap their players, Man U fans piss off. God I hate these big clubs and their plastic followings.
    Yeah I noticed this, Utd players didn’t even celebrate post shoot out….all fans gone 5 mins later. The modern fan eh?

It was inevitable they wouldn't be able to use it.

However in fairness it was supposed to be for clear and obvious errors only. That's what they said and still do.

However depending on who the team is depends if they stick to that or not.

VAR has robbed us of one the great FA Cup moments

What I find incredible about VAR with these tight calls is the quality of picture released as evidence, it's incredibly grainy, surely they're not making decisions based on the stills they release. In the still released by VAR today you can see the line go over Wan-Bissaka's boot!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    VAR has robbed us of one the great FA Cup moments

What I find incredible about VAR with these tight calls is the quality of picture released as evidence, it's incredibly grainy, surely they're not making decisions based on the stills they release. In the still released by VAR today you can see the line go over Wan-Bissaka's boot!
    They've probably got high definition images.

Photos of work we do on the railway can be zoomed in on to check for quality, these are images sent via WhatsApp to work groups that supervisors and managers etc can check for quality/errors by zooming in on their lovely desktop computers. You'd hope with the billions involved in football the quality was up to scratch.
    As for grainy images, close calls and incidents caught on train cameras and reported have really high quality stills and video footage, the stuff they screenshot or the video clips they release always seem to be low quality, perhaps trying to lul track workers into a false sense of security by making them believe they can't identify individuals caught doing wrong, but the cameras on the trains are top notch!!

...now onto the last one tonight.....Real Madrid v Barcelona...
    https://enjoysports.xyz/hd-27.php

Gutted for Coventry.

Gotta feel for Coventry, what an effort, Man Utd are appalling. Two central defenders are far too slow and easly turned by pace .

Totally agree it's killing the game not improving it, football is supposed to be an in the moment game for fans, players alike, not some form of delayed reaction reply celebration.

The irony being, VAR has got involved with disallowing a perfectly good goal, and created a clear and obvious mistake themselves.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    VAR is destroying the game.
    It's good technology and should help, but some of the officials are using it to fix results.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1782...Bxw32p2zA&s=19

Wow. This is the official account!

"Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept.

We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times.

NFFC will now consider its options."
    They were very hard done by especially the lat one!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's good technology and should help, but some of the officials are using it to fix results.
    Anyone who thought VAR would improve the game needs their head read. It was obvious even before it was implemented it would be used to the benefit of the 'plastic' clubs.