+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    You obviously have not taken in the status of the agent , especially in French employment law, so let me put it in simple terms . The agent acts on behalf of the club and is in law DEEMED TO BE THE CLUB. So think it through and you will come to the same conclusion as the judge will I hope come to.
    Many thanks, I feel honoured to have been educated by an EXPERT IN FRENCH EMPLOYMENT LAW. It’s just a shame the club didn’t go to a scholar like you for advice in the first place instead of spending huge sums of money on legal fees and entering transfer embargoes while maintaining for several years that they never signed the player in the first place. I’m sure you could have put the situation in simple terms for Tan and Co. All the club needed to do (allegedly) was THINK IT THROUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Many thanks, I feel honoured to have been educated by an EXPERT IN FRENCH EMPLOYMENT LAW. It’s just a shame the club didn’t go to a scholar like you for advice in the first place instead of spending huge sums of money on legal fees and entering transfer embargoes while maintaining for several years that they never signed the player in the first place. I’m sure you could have put the situation in simple terms for Tan and Co. All the club needed to do (allegedly) was THINK IT THROUGH.
    There is a sequential logic to the whole 'case'. As I understand it the club's broker has settled out of court for not putting Sala 'on cover'. It had to be established in court either way before the broker's liability or otherwise was determined.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I am not an expert in French employment law but an enquirer with the modicum of intelligence has access to it via the internet. The crux of the matter is that Cardiff City entered into a contract to buy a player who , through no fault of the club , never managed to play for the club despite Cardiff City discharging its responsibilities to FC Nantes in full. The club I.e. CCFC is now seeking redress through the courts for FC Nantes to compensate Cardiff City for not legally fulfilling its part of the contract. This action appears in the eyes of many to be a matter of natural justice but there are others who , due to their own perverse agendas , want the club to fail in this action. In my opinion the peremptory sanctions imposed on the club by the EFL and FIFA had consequential affects to the detriment of the club and need addressing at a later date by the City’s lawyers.

Let's be honest, no one on here really has much clue how much chance the club/Tan has of winning this case.

I struggle to believe it's anymore than a calculated gamble, I may be wrong as I don't know, but that's the vibe i'm getting.

Meanwhile though it just throws more shade at the club and drags the saga on some more months. I can't imagine what the family think of it all.

If the case does go Tan's way, wonder how much they realistically hope to get. Nantes aren't super rich and Kita sounds like a person that would put the club in admin if he'd have to find some big money.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    If the case does go Tan's way, wonder how much they realistically hope to get. Nantes aren't super rich and Kita sounds like a person that would put the club in admin if he'd have to find some big money.
    Nantes’ insurers will advise re. a settlement as they will have to stump up the cash.

Nantes’ insurers will advise re. a settlement as they will have to stump up the cash.
    If it goes for Tan then the insurers will probably try to dip out of it as McKay/Nantes supplied an unqualified pilot. The lawyers will avoir un jour de champ.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    If it goes for Tan then the insurers will probably try to dip out of it as McKay/Nantes supplied an unqualified pilot. The lawyers will avoir un jour de champ.
    Always said that us losing the initial case has been a blessing - if he was our player - then what they did endangered our asset. Incurred a business loss etc.

McKay has been ordered to submit all devices used when the Sala transfer was going through. Both him, his wife and Son. They have tried various excuses, the deadline was around about now I believe. If not submitted McKay faces jail time as does anyone else who fails to comply.

Forensically McKay maybe surprised with what can be retrieved - and it can be detected if he has swapped disks during that time. He has little place to hide at the moment. His best bet would be to turn in his evidence - and hope he doesnt go down for obstruction.

"avoir un jour de champ" yes indeed they will.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Always said that us losing the initial case has been a blessing - if he was our player - then what they did endangered our asset. Incurred a business loss etc.

McKay has been ordered to submit all devices used when the Sala transfer was going through. Both him, his wife and Son. They have tried various excuses, the deadline was around about now I believe. If not submitted McKay faces jail time as does anyone else who fails to comply.

Forensically McKay maybe surprised with what can be retrieved - and it can be detected if he has swapped disks during that time. He has little place to hide at the moment. His best bet would be to turn in his evidence - and hope he doesnt go down for obstruction.

"avoir un jour de champ" yes indeed they will.

When you say “ forensically, McKay may be surprised with what can be retrieved “ does this mean is quite simple to retrieve deleted what’s app messaging etc ?

Do you seriously believe there is an insurance policy that pays out where there has been illegal activity involved, and that it pays out "uncapped" as to the risks covered?

Do you seriously believe there is an insurance policy that pays out where there has been illegal activity involved, and that it pays out "uncapped" as to the risks covered?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    The attitude with some peoples replies online

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Indeed, any insight you would like to share on the insurance issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Indeed, any insight you would like to share on the insurance issue?

I am not an expert in French employment law but an enquirer with the modicum of intelligence has access to it via the internet. The crux of the matter is that Cardiff City entered into a contract to buy a player who , through no fault of the club , never managed to play for the club despite Cardiff City discharging its responsibilities to FC Nantes in full. The club I.e. CCFC is now seeking redress through the courts for FC Nantes to compensate Cardiff City for not legally fulfilling its part of the contract. This action appears in the eyes of many to be a matter of natural justice but there are others who , due to their own perverse agendas , want the club to fail in this action. In my opinion the peremptory sanctions imposed on the club by the EFL and FIFA had consequential affects to the detriment of the club and need addressing at a later date by the City’s lawyers.