Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
I don’t blame anyone bar the people who knew the pilot wasn’t fit to fly. Even if McKay was one of them, I still don’t see where Nantes come in to it?

If he had gone back to Nantes 4 weeks later and this had happened would it even be a thing? It feels to me we are trying to create a grey area around the timing of everything but the deal and the responsibilities of certain agents and clubs but the deal had been completed and Nantes had no obligation to put him on any transport.

All seems very wrong to me. As is the laughable sums they have come up with. Our club is once again being dragged through the mud
In French law it is a criminal act for unlicenced agents to act in player transfers. The president of Nantes and his son have both been charged by the French court in using unlicenced agents since 2015 together with fraud and money laundering. In this case an unlicenced agent viz. McKay acted for Nantes in the Sala transfer and in law the agent is deemed to be the club. Therefore the contract between FC Nantes and Cardiff City FC could be considered by the Court to be illegal and null and void. The matter as to who arranged the flight is important but not the nub of the matter. Cardiff City lawyers consider they have a good case as they did with the insurers who settled out of court. We will see how this matter pans out but the consensus is that there will be a settlement before the matter reaches court.