+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MP Kevin Brennan Speaks in Parliment

MP Kevin Brennan Speaks in Parliment

International

Re: MP Kevin Brennan Speaks in Parliment

Mr Brennan helped me out when I was having a problem with the Foreign Office, got it sorted in 3 days flat.
    He has my 100% backing just for that if nothing else. A good man in my experience!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Mr Brennan helped me out when I was having a problem with the Foreign Office, got it sorted in 3 days flat.
    He has my 100% backing just for that if nothing else. A good man in my experience!
    Yes, the one time I had to contact him about something, I could have no complaints at all - he contacted the company that WAS withholding money I was due within days and they soon caved in after that.

Didn't know he was a City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, the one time I had to contact him about something, I could have no complaints at all - he contacted the company that WAS withholding money I was due within days and they soon caved in after that.

Didn't know he was a City fan.
    Kevin is a big City fan Paul.

I met him a few times when the Trust was working with the FSA to get the Fans Led Review through to White Paper stage and he was extremely helpful (he was on the Digital Culture Media and Sport committee at the time). His office in the House of Commons has lots of Cardiff City stuff in it.

Kevin`s speech was great , as were a number of others such as Tracy Crouch and MPs from both sides of the House who were unanimous in their support of the Football Governance Bill at this Second Reading stage and also unanimous in dismissing the claims of the Premier League that there is no need for an Independent Regulator. Indeed , a number of MPs were asking for even more powers to be granted to him/her than are set out in the Bill currently.

Cardiff City were mentioned on a couple of occasions in the debate, which went on for hours. Steve Borley was praised for his Cardiff contribution in support of the Bill and Vincent Tan was given as an example of how not to communicate with fans over the rebranding debacle.

Keith