+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ipswich or Leeds ? Points on the board, or go second ?

Ipswich or Leeds ? Points on the board, or go second ?

Which would you prefer, going first and hope you get points on the board, or going second, knowing what you’ve got to do ?
    As a dart player (in past years) , first for me, but I know some skittle players, would go second

I think Ipswich have the advantage though

https://www.skysports.com/championship-fixtures

Re: Ipswich or Leeds ? Points on the board, or go second ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Which would you prefer, going first and hope you get points on the board, or going second, knowing what you’ve got to do ?
    As a dart player (in past years) , first for me, but I know some skittle players, would go second

I think Ipswich have the advantage though

https://www.skysports.com/championship-fixtures
    Generally I would prefer to be playing first but given how the fixtures stack up at the moment it appears to be in Ipswich's favour. QPR still need something from the Leeds game to keep away from the relegation places while Hull (and Coventry) may well find their seasons effectively over after the 3pm Saturday fixtures are over which may make it easier for Ipswich.

In this instance points on the board. Ipswich have two very tough away games to Hull and Coventry next.

Not of their own making but Cov getting to the semi final and their game being postponed has piled more pressure on Ipswich.

1st all day long for me.

While this states the obvious, playing first only really helps if you win.

Monday 2 May 2011

2 Norwich City P 44 Pts 80
    3 Cardiff City P 44 Pts 79

5.15pm Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough
    7.45pm Portsmouth vs Norwich City

Cardiff City 0-3 Middlesbrough, so a win for Norwich means promotion

Portsmouth 0-1 Norwich City. Promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    While this states the obvious, playing first only really helps if you win.

Monday 2 May 2011

2 Norwich City P 44 Pts 80
    3 Cardiff City P 44 Pts 79

5.15pm Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough
    7.45pm Portsmouth vs Norwich City

Cardiff City 0-3 Middlesbrough, so a win for Norwich means promotion

Portsmouth 0-1 Norwich City. Promoted.
    Oh that was a miserable day, plan was to watch us stuff Middlesbrough then pub to cheer on Pompey, that went well!

I remember Fulham fecking up conceding a last minute equaliser v I think Brentford in our last promotion season. I celebrated that goal at home as if it was us scoring a last minute winner.

Really gave us a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I remember Fulham fecking up conceding a last minute equaliser v I think Brentford in our last promotion season. I celebrated that goal at home as if it was us scoring a last minute winner.

Really gave us a boost.
    It was a huge moment. They'd gone 1 point above us into second after we'd lost to Wolves and Villa. That equaliser was followed by a win at Norwich and we were then a point ahead with a game in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It was a huge moment. They'd gone 1 point above us into second after we'd lost to Wolves and Villa. That equaliser was followed by a win at Norwich and we were then a point ahead with a game in hand.
    That game was immediately after beating Norwich, it was an evening kick off on Sky. I remember someone on the coach home watching it on Sky Go and going nuts

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That game was immediately after beating Norwich, it was an evening kick off on Sky. I remember someone on the coach home watching it on Sky Go and going nuts
    Thanks for that. I seem to recall Fulham dropping points in a live game on Sky that was something like a midday kickoff during that run-in and thought it was that one, but you're right, it was a 5.30 kick off. Now trying to work out if there was such a midday game or whether I'm just going more bonkers than normal!!