Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff as an area.

Re: Cardiff as an area.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That’s bollocks
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes heard a group of cardiff landlords got together to take the council to court, think the council lost or backed off….
    There is, apparently, a national regulatory body which deals with appeals for planning applications that have been refused by councils. They usually find in favour of the investor/developer and so there's little point wasting time and public money fighting this. It seems the council is over a barrel to a certain extent too. (I think this I've got this right - a former neighbour of mine took a deep dive on this; I'll have to ask her the details).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's (Cathays) far from the worst student area I've seen, it's mostly safe, has a good vibe and some decent places to eat, usually there isn't even that much litter - but if you catch it on a bad day it's horrendous.
    But the bad days are usually once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I know someone who works for the council and he asked the office directly about this but didn't get a satisfactory answer. Maybe there's too many and there would be too much litigation.

With regards to the rubbish, the council have at least tried to get this in order with directives and threats of fines but according to a councillor it was difficult to prove whose rubbish was whose, even if it's strewn outside someone's house.

Even though the council have mismanaged the area in some ways, I have a little sympathy for them. Some of them have good intentions but they're skint. The university, on the other hand, don't seem to give a toss and are only interested in buying up more land.
    Buying up more land and putting on courses that have little relevance and put young people in a shit load of debt. Universities are just big business now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    But the bad days are usually once a week.
    it's still one of my favourite parts of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's still one of my favourite parts of Cardiff
    Yeah, there's plenty there. I was sad to leave in some ways.