Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
The Council have plenty to answer for in allowing Cathays to go the way it did-Has. They've stopped the HMO's and clamped down on the landlords who were taking the piss. Go there when the students leave their accommodation and they have to throw everything out and clean the place in order to get their bond back. It's disgraceful. I don't know why the Council just don't chuck a load of skips there, manned, for a week and hit the landlords with some kind of tax to pay for it.
The council restricted the amount of bedrooms a house could have after people complained about landlords squeezing 6-8 bedrooms into a house. Unfortunately, this was after 15 years of letting them do whatever they wanted and never checking to see if a landlord had added a couple more bedrooms on the sly. I think you can still apply for a HMO but for a smaller number, although I saw plans being approved for a 6 bed house recently.

I had to move out in the end. Was disappointed because apart from (some of) the students it was a good place to live.