+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff as an area.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff as an area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm guessing you drove through Cathays? Chock block with HMO's and a lack of infrastructure. Student land. It's an absolute pit, Rats everywhere.
    Yeah, Cathays.

There was literally ripped open black bags strewn across the floor, broken windows and the people looked miserable as feck, which is either a symptom or a cause.

To be fair, a few houses looked like they had pride about them but it was like pissing in the wind.

It was quite oppressive and I couldn't wait to get on the M4.

The reason why I've been moved enough to post my observations is because I've been thinking a lot recently about the society we live in and questioning when we lost our sense of our environment. It would be very difficult to pinpoint a definitive time, of course but it seems to have got worse in the last 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yeah, Cathays.

There was literally ripped open black bags strewn across the floor, broken windows and the people looked miserable as feck, which is either a symptom or a cause.

To be fair, a few houses looked like they had pride about them but it was like pissing in the wind.

The reason why I've been moved enough to post my observations is because I've been thinking a lot recently about the society we live in and questioning when we lost our sense of our environment. It would be very difficult to pinpoint a definitive time, of course but it seems to have got worse in the last 10 years or so.
    Student areas have always been a bit run down ?

In terms of littering I think people have always done it

When I go fishing in porthcawl the amount of rubbish people leave is appalling

Same sort of people who park in disabled only places

Absolute low life's

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yeah, Cathays.

Most local areas the same I think.

They've upgraded the kids playground by us, new pitch laid for football/basketball its all nicely fenced (old one wasn't and every goal would mean a kid running miles to retrieve the ball) and the whole park is just full of litter from the kids who have absolutely no respect for the area, it's definitely helped in getting more kids out to play rather than sitting on their tablets at home, but they just don't look after anything, who do you blame for that?