+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh dear.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What’s “complex” about knowing whether Rwanda and Congo are separate countries?
    The whole topic is complex, reduced down for the internet age to an edited video clip.

I don't believe for one second that you really believe that he thinks that Rwanda and DR Congo are the same country. You know he doesn't think that.

Re: Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The whole topic is complex, reduced down for the internet age to an edited video clip.

I don't believe for one second that you really believe that he thinks that Rwanda and DR Congo are the same country. You know he doesn't think that.
    Forty four words I make it in your post above and almost as many assumptions and examples of telling people what they’re really thinking on your behalf. Ive watched the programme now and his reply was just left to hang in the air as the conversation moved on to another point. He made an embarrassing mess of his first reply and the incredulous reaction of a panel member and a fair few of the audience spoke volumes. The BBC had it on their news first thing in the morning and the Mail of all papers were not slow in reporting it. I can remember that Mr Philp was Chief Secretary of the Treasury at the time of the Truss/Kwarteng emergency creating Budget, he was on his phone during Kwarteng’s presentation texting people about how the FTSE was going up during the speech - he sounds like a bit of an idiot to me.