+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swedish FA to Reject VAR

Swedish FA to Reject VAR

should the English,Welsh , Scotish FA do the same ?

Re: Swedish FA to Reject VAR

Good on 'em, it's a crock of shite.

The stone waller Jao Pedro pelanty last night not given by the ref was bad enough but VAR concurring was worse.

I have said it before, the purpose of VAR is to allow the referee to make a decision with no consequences while the faceless person "upstairs" supping his fifth glass of Dom Perignon does "the right thing" favouring the big boys.

Not a clear and obvious error my arse.

The money in football, especially at the top level, is obscene and they are all in it together.
    All we can do as fans is suck it up.

Feckin stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good on 'em, it's a crock of shite.

The stone waller Jao Pedro pelanty last night not given by the ref was bad enough but VAR concurring was worse.

I have said it before, the purpose of VAR is to allow the referee to make a decision with no consequences while the faceless person "upstairs" supping his fifth glass of Dom Perignon does "the right thing" favouring the big boys.

Not a clear and obvious error my arse.

The money in football, especially at the top level, is obscene and they are all in it together.
    All we can do as fans is suck it up.

Feckin stinks.
    Totally agree. I read in WSC today that Manchester City's income from STs and tickets is just 17%. Fans have 'f*ck all' real say (even with all the token places being offered by clubs). 17%! That's just crazy. They can charge whatever they like. We're very lucky at Cardiff re. prices TBH but the game stinks of corruption in the PL and FA.

I would rather a more sensible interpretation of offsides be implemented. I don't mind VAR per se, but we don't need offsides scrutinised down to the last millimetre. It's only purpose is to stop goal hanging. If someone is more or less level then they are inside in my opinion.

Goal line technology is necessary. VAR can work but it needs to change. If it doesn't then yes, I would rather get rid.

Hard for me to give a rounded view personally as I’ve had so little experience of it as a fan really, with the city and Wales having had minimal exposure to it.

Generally I’ve only got to experience it as a viewer of football on the telly. As a neutralI or casual fan, where the result isn’t of particular concern to me, I can’t say it’s added anything to my enjoyment of watching the sport, if anything it’s the opposite.

Goaline technology, fine. Offside I can live with, although it can feel a little silly sometimes but at least it’s definitive once you’ve set and agreed the parameter. The rest I’d be happy to sack off, although it wouldn’t bother me if they got rid of it all wholesale.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Totally agree. I read in WSC today that Manchester City's income from STs and tickets is just 17%. Fans have 'f*ck all' real say (even with all the token places being offered by clubs). 17%! That's just crazy. They can charge whatever they like. We're very lucky at Cardiff re. prices TBH but the game stinks of corruption in the PL and FA.
    In the PL the matchday crowd are merely part of the scenery/backdrop. It's the other million or so armchair viewers that VAR was brought in for.

Looks like the Swedes are making a sensible decision. VAR hasn't improved the game at all. It was supposed to highlight obvious errors, not measure the width of a player's toenails. Ludicrous misuse of useful technology.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I would rather a more sensible interpretation of offsides be implemented. I don't mind VAR per se, but we don't need offsides scrutinised down to the last millimetre. It's only purpose is to stop goal hanging. If someone is more or less level then they are inside in my opinion.

Goal line technology is necessary. VAR can work but it needs to change. If it doesn't then yes, I would rather get rid.
    Totally agree re the offside, the rule wasn’t invented for such micro fine detail and you can’t tell with any exact authority when the ball leaves a players boot so why measure the attackers toe/sleeve/nose in millimetres.

I’m off for a lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I know there would still be moans about millimetres but the offside law should be based on daylight between defence and attacker, not all this toenail stuff.