+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lap of Honour

Lap of Honour

Did anyone stay for this?
    Screenshot_20240427-180219.jpg

Re: Lap of Honour

They actually had the nerve after that performance???

Dis

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I left at the final whistle - I couldnt watch the lap of honour - too cringeworthy

a 4-1 home loss should mean a walk of shame!

I'm normally up and down the steps the moment the final whistle blows (not before - I never leave early) but today I did opt to wait around for the 'lap of honour'. I tend to do this at the last home game each season, for one thing because I'm usually quick to leave games, and also because I feel I owe them a cheer, if nothing else.
    To be fair, most of them seemed very sheepish - not suprising, really, after that awful display, and there were a few out there that hopefully we won't ever see in a City shirt again. But there are some good players - Ng, Tanner, Colwill, Horvarth - and they deserve a shout. Shame there were so few people left.

It was planned, it happens every year. Yes an awful result but they couldn’t not do it, I’m sure a lot of kids were looking forward to clapping their hero’s.

If you thought ours was bad , you should have seen Southampton’s , considering the season they’ve had.

https://x.com/secondtierpod/status/1...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

I don't think people are getting this. No surprise really. They're thanking the fans, not looking for adulation. It's not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think people are getting this. No surprise really. They're thanking the fans, not looking for adulation. It's not difficult.
    And just to add, they probably don't want to do it anyway, especially after a performance like that. They're just being polite, a bit like us when we thank the bus driver as we get off. And if they hadn't done it no doubt there would be people moaning about them just walking off down the tunnel 'Ungrateful Bastards'

In terms of league position it’s a big improvement on last year so with that in mind it’s disappointing more didn’t stay.
    Despite them being SO shit today

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And just to add, they probably don't want to do it anyway, especially after a performance like that. They're just being polite, a bit like us when we thank the bus driver as we get off. And if they hadn't done it no doubt there would be people moaning about them just walking off down the tunnel 'Ungrateful Bastards'
    I stayed to watch and clap them off. They’ve given us some great moments this season ( and some dismal ones). I also think it’s good to let the players know we are behind them. We will want them back in it in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    In terms of league position it’s a big improvement on last year so with that in mind it’s disappointing more didn’t stay.
    Despite them being SO shit today
    Yep

The worst lap of honour was after the Ipswich game , last match at ninian

Lots of people crying but I think most of these couldn't

Believe how shite the team played

and how crap the fireworks were

1-4 at home and pretty much an awful experience all season at CCS? I don't think it's surprising that people wouldn't stay. Those attendance figures are usually bollux as once again I know half a dozen ST holders didn't go. I'd have been out pretty quickly today and somewhere warm.

Edit: I have a heart of stone though! Not one for love-ins with people I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I stayed to watch and clap them off. They’ve given us some great moments this season ( and some dismal ones). I also think it’s good to let the players know we are behind them. We will want them back in it in a few weeks.
    Right on the money

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Right on the money
    Soppy tart!

It won't be the first time I haven't read the room correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    same here stayed until the team were back in the changing room after they went around the pitch

nice to hear the ones that were left singing erol we want you to stay !

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I did.

Despite the fact I haven't enjoyed the second half(ish) of the season, I felt the players always tried their best during the season.

Just like today, I saw plenty of fans leave the stadium early when we have been on the wrong end of a battering, i.e. giving up on our team, but the players kept trying.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    nice to hear the ones that were left singing erol we want you to stay !
    Meanwhile, the vast majority of people in the 'big' crowd had already headed home.

I stayed and cheered them around the pitch, thought I might aswell, the traffic would have dispersed a little

to be fair, finishing in the top 1/2 is a major improvement over fight relegation, personally, the players gave the best they had at Times, its a tradition to get the players and kids going around the pitch on the last game, win as a team, loose as a team,

they did take too long though, when they finally emerged out of the tunnel, they turned left and a snails pace, I applauded and said to my daughter, I need a pee, so we went, as we had finished I spotted they were at the canton end, so we walked back down the steps to applaud a little more

a group behind me in the grandstand left as the 2nd went in, come on, thats got to be too early ( but they pay the money and make the choice I guess )

Pub was heaving at 3.45pm