+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joel Colwill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joel Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Thought he did well considering the circumstances.

It was nice to see him take command of the midfield. Although I thought we weren't utilising him to his strengths. I think he's more box to box than a deep lying playmaker.

Agreed should start next week. Offered more than Siopis.
    I also thought he did better than Sio.

Looked composed and lit some decent tackles in.

Sio is a strange one, when we win he seems to be a big part of it, but then we lose and you wonder if he was actually on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Sio is a strange one, when we win he seems to be a big part of it, but then we lose and you wonder if he was actually on the pitch.
    The bar is low with its fans. Siopis having energy left to bomb around aimlessly after 90 mins is impressive to some. Much rather someone in there who can put their foot on the ball with a bit of composure, have the ability to pick a pass and can tackle. I'd rather see J Colwill make mistakes as the season goes on and improve at the end of it than see Siopis run around offering the same on game 46 that he did in week 1. Listen to some and thats probably a negative opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Yeah it’s a strange one and totally agree. Generally I feel like he plays a lot better with Ralls, he needs someone physical alongside him.