Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
I'm not Bulut's biggest fan but since March he's won 6 out of 10 games and those without a recognised striker and missing arguably 2 of his best players. Regardless of how we won them, we still beat 2 top four sides, had a notable victory away to Coventry as well as winning the Severside derby at Bristol. Agreed the quality of football played has been dire at times but it's a results business and on that basis Bulut's tenure thus far should be viewed as a success
Again, that presupposes every team in the country has a choice at the start of the season - play attractively and lose or play boringly and win, as so many clubs prove, it’s not like that in real life. The two teams involved in last bight’s marvellous Championship game have not played their seasons being boring and winning, but they’re both going to finish comfortably above us in the table.
I say all of that mind, but I don’t think we played anywhere near as bitingly as usual yesterday, we were quite attractive to watch at times, for all the good it did us.