+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

International

Re: Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm weak reading this! In all the years of this board I've read some bullshit but this is right up there.

So professional footballers in one of the strongest divisions in world football can't spot weaknesses if certain players aren't there? Ever thought of stand up?
    You're just being a pedantic nit-picking idiot, yes it takes teams a few weeks to suss out teams' tactics and use it to their advantage, you always hear pundits saying how certain teams have found a way to beat another team, it's basic stuff, maybe stick to stats ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ramsey and O'Dowda, it took teams a few weeks to understand how much we were weaker without them and work out how to stop us.
    We'd won just one game before O'Dowda got injured, and that was a 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday courtesy of an injury time penalty.

We'd won two games before Ramsey got injured - Sheffield and Swansea.

Give your head a wobble.

You're just being a pedantic nit-picking idiot, yes it takes teams a few weeks to suss out teams' tactics and use it to their advantage, you always hear pundits saying how certain teams have found a way to beat another team, it's basic stuff, maybe stick to stats ?
    It's not being pedantic at all. You suggested it would take a couple of weeks for teams to work out how to play us without Ramsey and O'Dowda. I reckon that's nonsense.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    We'd won just one game before O'Dowda got injured, and that was a 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday courtesy of an injury time penalty.

We'd won two games before Ramsey got injured - Sheffield and Swansea.

Give your head a wobble.

We were playing well, Rambo was class at Swansea and was just finding his feet, we missed them, they would have made a difference., they are two decent players.

We were playing well, Rambo was class at Swansea and was just finding his feet, we missed them, they would have made a difference., they are two decent players.
    That's somewhat different to your earlier claim, which was: "It took teams a few weeks to understand how much we were weaker without them and work out how to stop us."

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i see the BBC are picking up on the thread about his win percentages now

Do you genuinely believe they only knew this info because some poster on MB with about 30 regular users posted a thread on it?

That's somewhat different to your earlier claim, which was: "It took teams a few weeks to understand how much we were weaker without them and work out how to stop us."

If you look closely at what he says he talks himself around in circles half the time

International

Nit pick all you like

The fact that they're talking means that its probable that Bulut will stay, and I expect an announcement shortly. Although the football has been dire, I think he has probably achieved his targets, so probably deserves another season. Someone on here suggested that the 'sliding scale' of FFP means we should have more to spend this season, and if that's the case, we might be able to invest in a striker or two. It could make all the difference.

Nit pick all you like
    The irony of you, of all people, bleating about injured players is not lost on me.

Ebou who?

International

The irony of you, of all people, bleating about injured players is not lost on me.

Ebou who?
    Exactly who?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The fact that they're talking means that its probable that Bulut will stay, and I expect an announcement shortly. Although the football has been dire, I think he has probably achieved his targets, so probably deserves another season. Someone on here suggested that the 'sliding scale' of FFP means we should have more to spend this season, and if that's the case, we might be able to invest in a striker or two. It could make all the difference.
    By all accounts lamouche talked with tan last year and walked away - be interesting to see what happens this season - only me adding 2 and 2 and getting the square root of f all but dalman interrupting the press conference when bulut was asked about the contract after the boro game may imply he needs to convince bulut to stay - as I said just me thinking out loud which probably should be banned

yet another ex player/captain throws in more positive vibes regarding the Bulut situation

yet another ex player/captain throws in more positive vibes regarding the Bulut situation

You’re a gnat’s dick away from hiring a plane with a banner Moz! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have heard....

Righto.

I have heard he is not signing unless Vincent Tan sprinkles lucky rice around each corner flag, and the Lone Gunman is brought in as manager's mentor and deputy statistician. Oh, and Sludge to be responsible for coach 'music' on the away trips. Yes, I have heard all that!
    Bulut has now come out in the press stating that he wishes to move his family moving over. Perhaps this is a stumbling block as I would have thought he wouldn’t want to move his family to Wales for just another one year contract.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Bulut has now come out in the press stating that he wishes to move his family moving over. Perhaps this is a stumbling block as I would have thought he wouldn’t want to move his family to Wales for just another one year contract.
    No, he's said he wants to stay not be a guest, he'll be looking for two at the very least, not sure they'll all agree on that and a suitable budget, but we'll know in a week or so i expect.

No, he's said he wants to stay not be a guest, he'll be looking for two at the very least, not sure they'll all agree on that and a suitable budget, but we'll know in a week or so i expect.
    In fairness you’ve been saying that for weeks.

Yet another ex player who doesn’t watch our games.

International

Why delay it's the most important time to plan, if it's a different Manager he will have different plans and player targets, they should know by now and have either sacked him or given him a contract, they never learn.

You know full well most deals are done weeks before they are announced

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You know full well most deals are done weeks before they are announced
    I hope you’re right and City are going to unveil an exciting, surprise appointment before the end of the week. A bit of drama would be great. But sadly, I think we all know that’s highly unlikely.

I hope you’re right and City are going to unveil an exciting, surprise appointment before the end of the week. A bit of drama would be great. But sadly, I think we all know that’s highly unlikely.
    It's either going to be bulut or they will scrabble around looking for anyone willing to take the gig - history says they have no plans let alone a plan b