+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

According to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cekldlnvyz0o

Cardiff City are looking to agree a new deal with manager Erol Bulut after Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan authorised contract talks.

Cardiff have opened discussions with Bulut, whose current deal expires at the end of the season.

Bulut signed a one-year contract when he took charge last June and has enjoyed a positive first campaign in Wales, leading a Cardiff side who finished one place above the Championship relegation zone last season to a comfortable mid-table finish.

The fact that Malaysian-based owner Tan has sanctioned contract negotiations is hugely significant, as he has the final say on such decisions.

It now seems a question of whether Cardiff can provide Bulut, 49, with assurances over the club's future plans.

Discussions are expected to be concluded one way or the other this week.

They are likely to revolve around what backing Bulut will receive in the transfer market this summer as well as possible off-the-field changes.

Cardiff were only able to sign players on loan or free transfers in last summer's transfer window because of an EFL embargo.

In January 2024, he had limited funds to play with because of profit and stability rules.

Speaking after Saturday's 4-1 Championship home defeat by Middlesbrough, Bulut said he hoped for "a positive outcome for both sides" amid ongoing uncertainty over his future.

"Everyone will know, I will know, the board will know, but it's up to the board," he said.

Bulut, chairman Mehmet Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo attended Cardiff's end-of-season awards dinner on Saturday night.

Dalman spearheaded the recruitment of Bulut last year and wants to ensure the club enjoy continuity and stability by giving the former Fenerbahce boss a new deal.

Despite the heavy defeat by Boro, Cardiff fans chanted in support of their manager.

Having had relegation worries for two successive seasons, the Welsh club are guaranteed a top-half finish this term.

They go into their final game of 2023-24, at Rotherham United next Saturday, in 12th place with 62 points.

Last week Bulut maintained the target of the club on his appointment was to ensure they were not relegated.

He also insisted he had been told Tan was "happy" with the club's progress.

Former Turkey Under-21 international Bulut had not coached outside his homeland before joining Cardiff.

He started his coaching career at Yeni Malatyaspor in 2017 before taking over at fellow Super Lig club Alanyaspor in 2019.

Bulut's Alanyaspor side were beaten finalists in the Turkish Cup in his one season at the helm.

He moved to Fenerbahce in the summer of 2020, but departed in March 2021 with his team third in the Turkish top flight.

Bulut was soon back in management with another Super Lig club, Gaziantep, where he was in charge for 18 months but left after a disappointing run of results in January 2023.

Born in Germany, Bulut had a nomadic playing career which featured spells with a numerous clubs including Eintracht Frankfurt, Fenerbahce - where he won a league title in 1995-96 -Trabzonspor, 1860 Munich, Olympiakos and Ukrainian side Metalurh Donetsk.

Re: Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

Fabulous news. Crack open the champagne. It's full steam ahead for another season of thrills and spills.

I think most fans are in favour of keeping him to provide some stability more than anything.

There have been some horror show games and runs of form but overall considering his first transfer window was hamstrung by an embargo and he had the goalposts moved in terms of signing in Jan he has achieved a very credible finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    I think most fans are in favour of keeping him to provide some stability more than anything.

There have been some horror show games and runs of form but overall considering his first transfer window was hamstrung by an embargo and he had the goalposts moved in terms of signing in Jan he has achieved a very credible finish.
    Don't speak sense and moderation on here sonny

any decision is better than letting it drag on without knowing who will be there next season.

I have my doubts but am prepared to be proved wrong with Bulut. also I have no confidence that the board would appoint anyone any better

International

Will it be we offered him a great contract with a war chest but after lengthy discussions we amicably agreed to go our separate ways?

If so we all know what that means!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Will it be we offered him a great contract with a war chest but we couldn't agree on things and we amicably agreed to go our separate ways?
    I don't believe he will be offered a war chest. There is FFP, you know.

I agree he has done well to get us to the league position we are in, I also agree fans want stability. Was talking to a few mates down the pub yesterday who were saying exactly the same as you, you'd imagine we will beat Rotherham so 65 points with 20 wins looks good.

I am not so sure how hamstrung he was when we were under an embargo mind, because we had some decent loans in on paper with Grant, Panzo and Bowler doing well at this level previously and you'd have to guess they'd be on decent wages, so while not being able to spend on incoming players we've been able to get around it by offering decent wages? The frees we brought in, did they come for the manager or the decent wage being offered? I appreciate your positive outlook on it but if you look a bit closer the situation probably wasn't as bad as made out.

Judging on past managers, when we had Warnock and he had money to spend we had Warnockball on steroids.

Give Bulut money and I think the football stays the same he just does it with more expensive players.

Some fans think he's building in phases, I respect anyones opinion, but you can only judge on what you see and nothing about the way he plays suggests there is another play style in his repertoire. I'd love for these posters to show us historic examples of Bulut playing anything but safe football.

FWIW I think he will stay, I also think it will end in tears.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Aye let's say what they do say of he does not stay (maybe excellent transfer budget), we probably don't pay top seven wages or whatever it was they were saying either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I agree he has done well to get us to the league position we are in, I also agree fans want stability. Was talking to a few mates down the pub yesterday who were saying exactly the same as you, you'd imagine we will beat Rotherham so 65 points with 20 wins looks good.

I am not so sure how hamstrung he was when we were under an embargo mind, because we had some decent loans in on paper with Grant, Panzo and Bowler doing well at this level previously and you'd have to guess they'd be on decent wages, so while not being able to spend on incoming players we've been able to get around it by offering decent wages? The frees we brought in, did they come for the manager or the decent wage being offered? I appreciate your positive outlook on it but if you look a bit closer the situation probably wasn't as bad as made out.

Judging on past managers, when we had Warnock and he had money to spend we had Warnockball on steroids.

Give Bulut money and I think the football stays the same he just does it with more expensive players.

Some fans think he's building in phases, I respect anyones opinion, but you can only judge on what you see and nothing about the way he plays suggests there is another play style in his repertoire. I'd love for these posters to show us historic examples of Bulut playing anything but safe football.

All football management jobs end in failure, just like politicians!

Good post Dembeth. Found myself nodding and agreeing with every point you make.

You make some good posts when youre not on your period.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I've been spayed!!! Periods no more!!

If you google "Erol Bulut play style" it basically comes up with posts saying he's low risk, safe, defensive etc. Not sure why anyone on here would try and rewrite history.

International

Pot kettle black at least he has three weeks off

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Pot kettle black at least he has three weeks off
    You know he's got you on ignore, right? Even I remember him saying.

Instead of following around someone who doesnt even know you exist, why don't you make good use of your all day lunch break at work and go find us some examples of Bulut building in phases and playing more attacking football at his previous clubs.

International

Instead of following around someone who doesnt even know you exist, why don't you make good use of your all day lunch break at work and go find us some examples of Bulut building in phases and playing more attacking football at his previous clubs.
    Martha will be reading don't you worry about that

Mick McCarthy say hello to Terry Connor

Terry say hi to Mick

He's got everyone on ignore except you

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's got everyone on ignore except you
    He manages to take the piss out of you enough so I think you're also an exception

Why don't you help your multi account do some research on Bulut and his managerial style at his past clubs.

I am off for a nap.

He manages to take the piss out of you enough so I think you're also an exception
    I have got mick by the bollocks

He's a shadow of the man who served our club so well

Why don't you help your multi account do some research on Bulut and his managerial style at his past clubs.

I am off for a nap.
    There's only one of me sonny

I've been 50/50 on him. To be fair to him he did the job and got us out of the muck of relegation battles and doing so with a transfer embargo hanging over our head.

However the football apart from the start of the season and the odd game has been poor and far to defensive. I think that's more on the lack of quality in the team has left him going to such a defensive structure to keep us ticking over.

Realistically we need investment in the summer but I just can't see that happening. We need long term structure and in my opinion looking to our academy to help add some quality where we just can't spend the money.

Bit of stability after the last few years is a least a positive.

Well said DD.

Maybe enough dosh for a Special Football Operation chest?

International

Maybe he'll win the court case and we can splash £120million about

I doubt it too