+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Callum O'Dowda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Callum O'Dowda

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But your attempt doesn't tell the whole story. Here's an entirely alternative way of looking at O'Dowda's contribution this season:

5 starts - 1 win, 1 draw, 3 defeats.

5 sub appearances - 4 wins, 1 defeat.

Let's break down these sub appearances:

45 minutes vs Swansea - went from 1-0 down to lose 2-0
    15 minutes vs Ipswich - scores the winner
    12 minutes vs Bristol City - game already won
    6 minutes vs Huddersfield - game already won
    5 minutes vs Coventry - game already won.

Ipswich apart, you could quite easily argue that O'Dowda's sub appearances have not contributed much to the result, other than just having some fresh legs on the pitch. When he's played 45 minutes or more we've won 1 out of 6. I wonder why he was dropped after the Sunderland defeat?
    I’m not sure he was “dropped” as such although after that performance anyone could have been dropped. With the Coventry game so close after the Sunderland game I don’t think anyone expected him to start again having not started in so long tbh.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m not sure he was “dropped” as such although after that performance anyone could have been dropped. With the Coventry game so close after the Sunderland game I don’t think anyone expected him to start again having not started in so long tbh.
    He wasn't Eric the half-glass empty is clutching at straws, wrong type of goals, only winning by one, now wrong type of appearances, he can't accept the facts and try's to find some more negative nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He wasn't Eric the half-glass empty is clutching at straws, wrong type of goals, only winning by one, now wrong type of appearances, he can't accept the facts and try's to find some more negative nonsense.
    I'm suggesting O'Dowda doesn't deserve to be credited with the wins we've achieved when he's played only a few minutes, Ipswich apart. I think that's reasonable.

You said "He makes a difference and the results prove that". In 4 of his sub appearances he made absolutely no difference to the scoreline yet you're claiming that he was, in some part, responsible for results of games where he was on the field a few minutes. That's absolute nonsense.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking again, or just finding more nonsense in your arguments.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm suggesting O'Dowda doesn't deserve to be credited with the wins we've achieved when he's played only a few minutes, Ipswich apart. I think that's reasonable.

You said "He makes a difference and the results prove that". In 4 of his sub appearances he made absolutely no difference to the scoreline yet you're claiming that he was, in some part, responsible for results of games where he was on the field a few minutes. That's absolute nonsense.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking again, or just finding more nonsense in your arguments.
    That's good then, he contributed to stopping the other team from scoring, now to suit your narrative you're saying if a player doesn't score he doesn't affect the game, what a clown. You know when a player comes back from six months out they don't start with 90 minutes plus 10 odd injury time from day one and continue like that for the rest of the season unless you don't watch the games and sit there with your BBC app open studying the stats

As someone said above, by watching the game, I feel we play better with him than without, if you don't that's up to you, you are entitled to your opinion, which is always negative, we can agree to disagree