+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: ROTHERHAM UTD 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: ROTHERHAM UTD 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Bit shocked by that shit show
    . Very embarrassing. Not sure that Tan will be best pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    ...Not sure that Tan will be best pleased.
    we can only pray

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Bit shocked by that shit show
    . Very embarrassing. Not sure that Tan will be best pleased.
    Maybe he will sell up…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe he will sell up…..
    More likely he'll sell Ng

Does anyone who was there want to explain the story behind the fist pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The players and staff came over to thank the fans for their support, which you would obviously expect after the last game of the season. The fans started doing the ‘wooooooaah’ and a couple of the younger players did a few fist pumps. The fans sang “Erol Bulut we want you to stay” he responded by tapping his chest and thanking the fans, then he did the fist pumps. It felt like a simple ‘thanks for the support’ gesture to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    No need for an explanation, there is a certain element of our fan base who want to celebrate gross mediocrity. Bulut is too deluded to realise his ineptitude. It will all end in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No need for an explanation, there is a certain element of our fan base who want to celebrate gross mediocrity. Bulut is too deluded to realise his ineptitude. It will all end in tears.
    Or could it be that they are fed up of chopping and changing manager and not giving them a chance to build something more sustainable?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Flange View Post
    Or could it be that they are fed up of chopping and changing manager and not giving them a chance to build something more sustainable?
    Has Bulut shown the capacity to build something more sustainable? In my opinion he hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Has Bulut shown the capacity to build something more sustainable? In my opinion he hasn't
    I’m far from convinced, but I’m also far from convinced that the ones making the decisions are capable of replacing him with the right man. It always seems like a roll of the dice with us in recent years. Personally I would like the club to show a bit of ambition and employ a coach with a record of getting the most out of young players.

I didn’t see the game yesterday (thankfully) as I just not that bothered about playing Rotherham with absolutely nothing on the match.

Whereas the result looks shocking and it sounds like a poor performance despite us having the bulk of the possession, I am just not that bothered.

Of course it shouldn’t happen, and it being the last game of the season with little to play for is no excuse, but really, who cares?

I’d actually not realised that we kicked off at 12:30……….

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I’d actually not realised that we kicked off at 12:30……….
    Well if no-one else is, I’ll make the flippant remark that many of our players didn’t realise either.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well if no-one else is, I’ll make the flippant remark that many of our players didn’t realise either.
    On the contrary, they made quite a habit of kicking off regularly for around an hour from around 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On the contrary, they made quite a habit of kicking off regularly for around an hour from around 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I didn’t see the game yesterday (thankfully) as I just not that bothered about playing Rotherham with absolutely nothing on the match.

Whereas the result looks shocking and it sounds like a poor performance despite us having the bulk of the possession, I am just not that bothered.

Of course it shouldn’t happen, and it being the last game of the season with little to play for is no excuse, but really, who cares?
    Realistically, was there any difference between the importance (or otherwise) of yesterday’s game and other recent games against the likes of Sunderland, Millwall and Middlesbrough? To all intents and purposes there was nothing on any of those games either other than points and league table positions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Realistically, was there any difference between the importance (or otherwise) of yesterday’s game and other recent games against the likes of Sunderland, Millwall and Middlesbrough? To all intents and purposes there was nothing on any of those games either other than points and league table positions.
    No and I was almost equally disinterested in those games as well, despite going to the Millwall game :-/

Teams often tail off in situations like this so the near hysteria on this board seems a bit much.

Extended highlights:

You do have a sadistic streak....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Extended highlights:

Any need? I’m enjoying today’s game at Wembley, don’t need flashbacks

I've missed basically the entire match, and any discourse about it. Were there ANY positives we can take from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've missed basically the entire match, and any discourse about it. Were there ANY positives we can take from it?
    If you’re a fist pump aficionado...........

Tanner and Ashford combined well in the first half, Conte did okay and that’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tanner and Ashford combined well in the first half, Conte did okay and that’s about it.
    We didn't concede 6.

has Tanner shown enough to be considered for left back /lwb for next season?

has Tanner shown enough to be considered for left back /lwb for next season?
    Shown enough to be shown the door