+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: ROTHERHAM UTD 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Rotherham haven't scored in their last 5 games.

Their goalie, playing his last match for them, is paying for a pint for the first 600 customers in a pub in the town on Saturday.
    3-0 them, then....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In what has been a remarkable season statistically, there are 3 possible outcomes with us on 19 wins, 5 draws and 21 defeats.

1) We lose and become only the second side in league history to win 19 and lose 22 games in a season.

2) We draw and become only the 8th side in league history to win 19 and lose 21 games in a season.

3) We win and become the first side in league history to win 20 and lose 21 games in a season.
    No one cares bar civil servants and accountants.

It's where we finish and how many we win

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    In reality the finishing position doesn't matter if it's anywhere from 7th to 21st. The outcome is the same - more Championship football next season.

No one cares bar civil servants and accountants.

I think stats are interesting, as you must surely guess.

Does it not bother you that we could, potentially, be the first side in the history of the second tier to finish in the top half, yet lose 3 more games than a side that gets relegated?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In reality the finishing position doesn't matter if it's anywhere from 7th to 21st. The outcome is the same - more Championship football next season.
    Factually, correct, but I'm sure if you're being honest and not just pendatic you prefer finishing 7th in the season than 21st, for obvious reasons.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think stats are interesting, as you must surely guess.

Does it not bother you that we could, potentially, be the first side in the history of the second tier to finish in the top half, yet lose 3 more games than a side that gets relegated?
    Not really, but fair enough I get the point

I need to see better football next season, it's been hard work at times.

What is the injured/unavailable situation for Rotherham? If I understood Bulut right in his pre-match press conference it is:

Jak Alnwick, Mark McGuinness, Perry Ng, Josh Wilson-Esbrand, Aaron Ramsey, Rubin Colwill, Kion Etete, Yakou Meite, Karlan Grant and maybe Jamilu Collins - with Callum O'Dowda probably fit for a bench place.

I expect a similar starting line up to the Boro game - and similar substitutions. Maybe Conte to start in place of Romeo?

Factually, correct, but I'm sure if you're being honest and not just pendatic you prefer finishing 7th in the season than 21st, for obvious reasons.
    Well I haven’t preferred this season to last season. It’s been incredibly tedious. We’ve known for many months that we had no chance of going up and no chance of going down either, but the manager has nevertheless persisted with his sterile, unadventurous tactics throughout. With the exception of the occasional five-minute spell here and there, City’s football has bored me rigid.

The genuine threat of relegation kept last season interesting, at least to a degree. This season has been like watching wood warp for six long months.

As Captain Sensible so wisely said, glad it’s all over. Or at least it will be by 3pm tomorrow.

Please, not an 'on the beach' performance from City, though I can perfectly understand one from relegated Rotherham. Also the difference between finishing 12th or up to a possible 9th place..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What is the injured/unavailable situation for Rotherham? If I understood Bulut right in his pre-match press conference it is:

Jak Alnwick, Mark McGuinness, Perry Ng, Josh Wilson-Esbrand, Aaron Ramsey, Rubin Colwill, Kion Etete, Yakou Meite, Karlan Grant and maybe Jamilu Collins - with Callum O'Dowda probably fit for a bench place.

I expect a similar starting line up to the Boro game - and similar substitutions. Maybe Conte to start in place of Romeo?
    I don't really see the point potentially risking O'Dowda given his injury record, I think Bulut alluded to that as well in his press conference

With nothing being on this game for either team I wonder if Erol will go for a cup style performance

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't really see the point potentially risking O'Dowda given his injury record, I think Bulut alluded to that as well in his press conference

With nothing being on this game for either team I wonder if Erol will go for a cup style performance
    Not the South Yorkshire Cup result this season though, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i guess i will be going in my usual attire

no 1 haircut ,Sham 69 t shirt , braces and Brogues

there s gonna be a borstal breakout ....................
    "laced up boots and corduroys"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I quite liked the version that we would sing at other fans.

For example:

"Bristol boys, Bristol boys, laced up slippers and Tonka toys"!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    still going strong and off to see them again in August and just to get me pumped up for tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZIiR80kHE0

they call us the cockney cowboys .............

Wonder if it will be a,record breaking 22nd consecutive 1 goal win?
    Wouldn't be surprised

Is it on sky red button?

International

But don't we get more money for each position higher we finish?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But don't we get more money for each position higher we finish?
    I don’t think so. That’s the case in the Premier League, but I don’t believe it’s the same in the EFL.

I don’t think so. That’s the case in the Premier League, but I don’t believe it’s the same in the EFL.
    There is prize money on a scale according to league position, but it is not a lot!
    1st £100k, 2nd £50k, down to £7k for finishing bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    There is prize money on a scale according to league position, but it is not a lot!
    1st £100k, 2nd £50k, down to £7k for finishing bottom.
    That’s right, it’s basically insignificant. I read somewhere recently that the losing play-off finalist will get more in TV revenue from that one game than Leicester will get for winning the league. That makes sense if the prize for becoming champions is just £100,000.

That’s right, it’s basically insignificant. I read somewhere recently that the losing play-off finalist will get more in TV revenue from that one game than Leicester will get for winning the league. That makes sense if the prize for becoming champions is just £100,000.
    Maybe the EFL should put more money towards merit based payments, and increase payments per finishing position(a few hundred K per position), as it might encourage more effort towards the end of the season.

A quick reminder of the end-of-season dead rubber rules for anyone who might have forgotten:

If City lose (or maybe draw in this instance), the result is irrelevant, the players are already on the beach and the game means nothing.

If City win, the result is significant, the points are important and it's encouraging for the future.

A quick reminder of the end-of-season dead rubber rules for anyone who might have forgotten:

If City lose (or maybe draw in this instance), the result is irrelevant, the players are already on the beach and the game means nothing.

If City win, the result is significant, the points are important and it's encouraging for the future.

For some people.

For others the rules are

If city lose or draw then that proves bulut isn't the man for the job and needs to go.

If city win then its irrelevant as Rotherham are already down and its a dead rubber therefore bulut must go. This option can also be used if city score lots of goals and play well

Also the option of If city win and its not really exciting then even in a dead rubber we are boring so bulut must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    For some people.

For others the rules are

If city lose or draw then that proves bulut isn't the man for the job and needs to go.

If city win then its irrelevant as Rotherham are already down and its a dead rubber therefore bulut must go. This option can also be used if city score lots of goals and play well

Also the option of If city win and its not really exciting then even in a dead rubber we are boring so bulut must go.
    I'm fairly certain absolutely nobody is going to change their mind about Bulut based on the Rotherham result, just as nobody changed their mind about him based on the Middlesbrough result (although a friend of mine did make a decision on renewing his season ticket after that game, and it was a no).

I'm fairly certain absolutely nobody is going to change their mind about Bulut based on the Rotherham result, just as nobody changed their mind about him based on the Middlesbrough result (although a friend of mine did make a decision on renewing his season ticket after that game, and it was a no).
    Shame would add some excitement to the day.

If tan told bulut we had to score at least 4 goals and win today to get his new deal. Would be good fun.