+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hitler.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The irony is that he effectively wishes that Christianity had been strangled at birth. If he had had his way there would be no churches, cathedrals, hymns, Christmas, Easter, or religious paintings for him (or you) to appreciate! Also what kind of society would we be living in now - something along the lines of the Roman empire perhaps. Uhm, not too appealing that!

Clearly Dawkins is a very intelligent chap but I do question whether he has seriously investigated the circumstances of the resurrection or if he has, perhaps dare not even alolow himself to think that it really might have happened? As he presumably would reject any narratives from the New Testament, then he would say that there is no evidence -end of discussion.

BTW I am a PhD scientist, and yes, during my career I have found that new scientific evidence has overturned my previous conclusions and I agree this is how scientific achievement develops of course. I came to faith through investigation into the resurrection of Jesus and I started off as a complete skeptic along the lines of Lee Strobel or Frank Morrison. I do not reject the New Testament as evidence because I always have to come back to the question - why? Why would anyone write accounts of such an event other than their lives were completely turned around as a result, and indeed they risked their very own lives when trying to share the news with others. Many were martyred. Would they really do this based on a fantasy?
    But you are quoting a book again ......which everyone knows was written at different times by different people

At least 1500 years old

Why ?

Why should we believe anything in that book ?

It's less factual than a copy of the beano

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But you are quoting a book again ......which everyone knows was written at different times by different people

At least 1500 years old

Why ?

A book that was written to control the masses by those in control

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

At least 1500 years old

Why ?

Unfortunately your denial is preventing you from looking OUTSIDE the Book, anyone who seriously does look at the evidence outside the Bible comes to the same conclusion as Gofer, Strobel, Morrison and McDowell, just to name a few.