+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Player Linked

Another Player Linked

AEK Athens right-back Lazaros Rota is on Erol Bulut’s radar ahead of the summer.

Re: Another Player Linked

He's a good looking lad, that's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's a good looking lad, that's enough for me.
    He’s a tidy player tbf. The more Greeks he brings in the more I’ll like Bulut. I’m so fickle and have no self-respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He’s a tidy player tbf. The more Greeks he brings in the more I’ll like Bulut. I’m so fickle and have no self-respect.
    In the Ancient Greek world around 400 BC, Large penises were not considered desirable, in fact, they were considered vulgar. Thought i'd share that with you.

under contract until 2026, so we would need to pay a fee presumably.

seems to be a more defensive minded full back.

personally I'd try to get Cody Drameh back instead as I believe he may be out of contract

In the Ancient Greek world around 400 BC, Large penises were not considered desirable, in fact, they were considered vulgar. Thought i'd share that with you.
    Appreciated. We need more culture on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    under contract until 2026, so we would need to pay a fee presumably.

seems to be a more defensive minded full back.

personally I'd try to get Cody Drameh back instead as I believe he may be out of contract
    Perry NG on his way ? that doing the rounds at the minute

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    if we get a big offer then it makes sense, be a shame to see him go though

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Yes far too attacking for bulut. He needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Appreciated. We need more culture on here.
    You two need to get a room 👍

Fair play, in just four posts we have succeeded in going from discussing a potential right back candidate for the 2024-25 season to admiring short penises in Ancient Greece circa 400BC. I bet you two were a right pair of bastards to play against in word association games over a few beers. 😂

As an aside, I am not surprised. It is known amongst historians that as strong empires fade and conservatism dies, the end of empire often co-incides (for reasons I cannot fathom) with rising liberalism and acceptance of homosexuality. Latter day Greece, Rome and Ottomans recognised man-on-man as a higher status of love than man-on-woman. Is it any wonder shorter penises were more in vogue? What hetero or homo backside can take ten inches plus of continuous hard pounding? Is that why Greek, Turkish and Roman statues have Trump-like mushrooms on display, rather than proper Tomahawk steaks?

One to ponder…

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes far too attacking for bulut. He needs to go.
    Probably our best bet at getting some cash in to help with FFP. Drameh as a replacement on a free would be good business.

Thanks for the tip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Thanks for the tip-off.
    I think you’ve got the short end of the stick

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Fair play, in just four posts we have succeeded in going from discussing a potential right back candidate for the 2024-25 season to admiring short penises in Ancient Greece circa 400BC. I bet you two were a right pair of bastards to play against in word association games over a few beers. 😂

As an aside, I am not surprised. It is known amongst historians that as strong empires fade and conservatism dies, the end of empire often co-incides (for reasons I cannot fathom) with rising liberalism and acceptance of homosexuality. Latter day Greece, Rome and Ottomans recognised man-on-man as a higher status of love than man-on-woman. Is it any wonder shorter penises were more in vogue? What hetero or homo backside can take ten inches plus of continuous hard pounding? Is that why Greek, Turkish and Roman statues have Trump-like mushrooms on display, rather than proper Tomahawk steaks?

One to ponder…
    strange post. I'm not aware of any legitimate historians that attribute the fall of the greek or Roman empires to a shifting away from conservative values to liberalism, and certainly not linked to any changes in attitude towards homosexuality. is this some bizarre fantasy of your own making?

I can however think of some examples of empires whose cultural conservatism at least has certainly played a part in their own downfall.
    take the great Qing for example . for most of recorded human history China has been the most powerful and technologically advanced advanced society at any given time. However the Qing were an extremely conservative Confucian society, that just became more and more obsessed with maintaining and repeating the old ways, be it art, poetry, or the way their society was run.
    While they were looking to maintain their past, Europe was undergoing the industrial revolution. when reforms needed to be made in their society, they were usually blocked by conservative Confucian elders. their obsession with an idealised past ultimately brought about their downfall

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    strange post. I'm not aware of any legitimate historians that attribute the fall of the greek or Roman empires to a shifting away from conservative values to liberalism, and certainly not linked to any changes in attitude towards homosexuality. is this some bizarre fantasy of your own making?

I can however think of some examples of empires whose cultural conservatism at least has certainly played a part in their own downfall.
    take the great Qing for example . for most of recorded human history China has been the most powerful and technologically advanced advanced society at any given time. However the Qing were an extremely conservative Confucian society, that just became more and more obsessed with maintaining and repeating the old ways, be it art, poetry, or the way their society was run.
    While they were looking to maintain their past, Europe was undergoing the industrial revolution. when reforms needed to be made in their society, they were usually blocked by conservative Confucian elders. their obsession with an idealised past ultimately brought about their downfall
    No, not strange at all. It used to come out in debate in university and pub chat, and clearly linked to statements further up. Only “strange” if you are jumpy about the subject, or if you’re political.

Not a topic of mine as I have no interest. However I did just google it to see why a post made in jest and light hearted was one you jumped on and wanted to make a point-score over. Not knowing anything about it, but wondering what the fuss was about and why you appeared so sensitive about it, I did a quick Google by on “Acceptance of homosexuality in fall of Ancient Greece / Rome / Turkey” and it reveals several historians quoting about it. So clearly there is at least a debate about it, regardless of who is right or wrong. Naturally as ever, it turns into childish and emotional political factions, with “ LQTB pinkos”… versus “right wingers” accusations rather than historians calmly debating facts. That is universities today - turning everything into politics. I’ll be frank with you - I couldn’t give a f-uck. They are all emotional knobs.

You also used to statements that I did not:

1. “Prominent”. I did not say “prominent”. I said “many”. But even a basic google search showed many believe it.

2. “Directly caused fall on empires”. I did not say direct, I said “co-incided”. Co-incidence does not equal causation!

So as I said, this isn’t my subject and I did not particularly care about the politics of it all. It was casual conversation not a history / political academic debate amongst prissy political students. Whether gayness increaes or deceeased, whether it caused empires to fall or not - I couldn’t give a f-uck.

So if you’re looking for a political clash you are free to find one elsewhere, but I care as little for the subject as I do about Swansea City’s squad plans for nsxt season. Enjoy your debate - with someone who cares.