+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's all academic now as he's off to Fiorentina!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...iorentina-job/
    so Darren Purse our new Gaffer next season then

It's all academic now as he's off to Fiorentina!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...iorentina-job/
    They've seen his AC Milan 1990s style and want to replicate it

Why are people (pro Bulut) so adamant we will go for a Purse type appointment? Its almost like they are trying to spread fear "Keep him or we could end up with.."

Our last 2 managers have been experienced appointments, we would have time to bring in a new one over the summer.

Even if it was Purse, who knows how he would perform? Why judge him before he's managed a game? You are basing one inexperienced manager on the failed appointments of others. Nobody knows how Purse would do if given the role.

Its weird how people are happy to get so behind Bulut, but are writing off a man who played for the club for years and who has done a good job with the academy, based mostly on their dislike of Tan and the thought process that it would be a cheap appointment. I thought we backed our own at CCFC?

Length of contract the issue according to this
    https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/...31332113076678

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Let's hope he can use that to his advantage when negotiating a team budget for next season, as long as it's not smoke and mirrors and the club pretending and going through the motions.
    You don't believe that nonsense (Fiorentina being after him), do you?

If that is true, if Bulut does stay, I don't think he has merited more than a 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If that is true, if Bulut does stay, I don't think he has merited more than a 1 year deal.
    If Tan was reluctant to open talks at all he's not going to offer more than 1 year is he, maybe with another year depending on performance?

International

You don't believe that nonsense (Fiorentina being after him), do you?
    Nah probably the work of agents or friends in the game, but we will never know and it might put him in a better negotiating position.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Why are people (pro Bulut) so adamant we will go for a Purse type appointment? Its almost like they are trying to spread fear "Keep him or we could end up with.."

Our last 2 managers have been experienced appointments, we would have time to bring in a new one over the summer.

Even if it was Purse, who knows how he would perform? Why judge him before he's managed a game? You are basing one inexperienced manager on the failed appointments of others. Nobody knows how Purse would do if given the role.

Its weird how people are happy to get so behind Bulut, but are writing off a man who played for the club for years and who has done a good job with the academy, based mostly on their dislike of Tan and the thought process that it would be a cheap appointment. I thought we backed our own at CCFC?
    Because he appointed Morison, Hudson and Trollope and all were sh!te.

International

He wants to move his family over according to some so wants a longer-term deal, who knows it's all speculation, I have a feeling Tan won't offer a decent deal anyway, but we'll soon find out.

Nah probably the work of agents or friends in the game, but we will never know and it might put him in a better negotiating position.
    Ding ding ding

International

55% just under in favour, not bad for this board which has many strong anti Buluts, the other board and general fans would be more like 70% I think.

Because he appointed Morison, Hudson and Trollope and all were sh!te.
    Ans thats a reason to automatically dismiss Purse? You COULD give him a chance if appointed, or stop fear mongering and wait and see what we do if Bulut doesn't sign. This Bulut or doom attitude

International

Ans thats a reason to automatically dismiss Purse? You COULD give him a chance if appointed, or stop fear mongering and wait and see what we do if Bulut doesn't sign. This Bulut or doom attitude
    He's struggling getting wins out of a talented bunch of under 21's

No chance we've been there before https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp0gjgggl1po

Is the other stuff about Starbucks significant for City? I would have thought that any business difficulties for Vincent Tan would increase the chances of him looking to offload City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is the other stuff about Starbucks significant for City? I would have thought that any business difficulties for Vincent Tan would increase the chances of him looking to offload City.
    No, it's completely irrelevant.

Starbucks taking a hit on the stock market might not be relevant, but apparently there have been widespread boycotts of some companies in Malaysia that are perceived to have been directly or indirectly supporting Israel in the current Conflict.
    I think McDonald's Israel announced that they gave money to support the Israeli military, which obviously didn't go down well in Malaysia. however due to the franchise system it isn't really anything to do with each other.

He's struggling getting wins out of a talented bunch of under 21's

No chance we've been there before https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp0gjgggl1po
    You're talking about Purse but you've added a link to Morison.

I haven't seen the squad Purse has had at his disposal all year, you'd have to ask one of the "development squad thread" experts. I cant imagine he's had a full strength team to pick from mind, I can think of a few who have been missing all season.

International

You're talking about Purse but you've added a link to Morison.

I haven't seen the squad Purse has had at his disposal all year, you'd have to ask one of the "development squad thread" experts. I cant imagine he's had a full strength team to pick from mind, I can think of a few who have been missing all season.
    You said why not give Purse a go, and as I said we've promoted numpties before, and they can't manage look at the last one.

If ever Buklut goes it can't be another YTS manager.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    No, it's completely irrelevant.
    Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
    Starbucks in Malaysia is a franchise, its only connection to Starbucks in the USA is the brand name and what it calls some of the products.
    The Malaysian operation is substantially owned by one of Vincent Tan's businesses and he is seeking to buy out the minority interest according to reports in Malaysia.

You said why not give Purse a go, and as I said we've promoted numpties before, and they can't manage look at the last one.
    So what was the great Erol Bulut before he became a manager at some small Turkish club?

Remember Celtic were knocking at the door for Mad Mick after he somehow won a few games in a row and was on a short contract?

NOT

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So what was the great Erol Bulut before he became a manager at some small Turkish club?
    He was just an ex-player, someone took a punt, and that one eventually worked reasonably well, but he's not Pep!

I wouldn't want us to appoint any Manager without some experience, I know everyone has to start somewhere but I would prefer not here, I think a lower level and prove you can do it and then work your way up.

If Purse wants to become a Manager maybe try some small Turkish club first and come to us in ten years if he's still working as a Manager maybe we could consider him

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Remember Celtic were knocking at the door for Mad Mick after he somehow won a few games in a row and was on a short contract?

NOT
    Yeah I do, Cwmbran Celtic.