+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You said why not give Purse a go, and as I said we've promoted numpties before, and they can't manage look at the last one.

If ever Buklut goes it can't be another YTS manager.
    Like Harris

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Managerial career
    2013–2015 Millwall U21s
    2013–2014 Millwall (caretaker)
    2015–2019 Millwall

2019–2021 Cardiff City
    2022–2023 Gillingham
    2023–2024 Cambridge United
    2024– Millwall

I'll just leave this here.
    Limited experience and sh!te

International

Like Harris
    Aye

International

Positive stuff, I'm starting to think he may stay after all, maybe Tan isn't playing games?

Erol Bulut reveals positive Cardiff City contract talks and specific details on table

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...gn=communities

The Bluebirds boss spoke ahead of the final game of the season against Rotherham United

Erol Bulut is pleased with how talks over his Cardiff City contract have gone and has laid out in greater detail what he hopes to change moving forward if a new deal is agreed.

The Bluebirds boss takes charge of the final game of his contract on Saturday when Cardiff face Rotherham up in Yorkshire. Bulut has overseen a rise from 21st in the table last year to 12th at time of writing - but the club could finish 10th if results go their way.

It's a marked improvement on battling relegation the last two seasons, of course, but still the manager's future remains in the air. However, he appeared positive with regards to how negotiations with the board have gone so far.

"The first talks were positive, this I can deliver to you," he said. "I think we have to look forward about duration, that I need something in front (of me) so that we can go on. I have tried to discuss this with Vincent (Tan) and Mehmet (Dalman). But the first talks last week were positive."

Bulut said the talks centred around ironing out some "details", which included the length of his contract. In his words, he doesn't want to feel like a "guest" for another season, but "part of the family".

"From my side there are no issues, I would like to stay," he added. "Because we have built something here. We have a start.

"I can also say that I have been a guest here for one year, now I want to be part of the family. I don't want to be a guest again for one more year, I want to be part of the family for the future. If we can handle this, with good plans for the future for Cardiff City Football Club, I will be in."

On the subject of length of any proposed deal, Bulut said: "This is the first step to build something together. This is the correct direction and how the club is thinking.

"To have a different manager or just a one-year contract, the players are also adapting differently, so you have to give a signal to the players, to the club, that this is our way and everyone has to adapt to this.

"When you have only a one-year contract you can't make long-term plans. When you have a three-year contract, you can make long-term plans. It depends on the target. Our target is clear, I don't need to hide anything. You know where we want to go.

"I cannot be happy to say three years after that we want to stay in the league. We would be lying to each other. This can't be the target of Cardiff City and not of Erol Bulut as manager."

The manager doesn't expect the situation to be wrapped up by this weekend. It will go into next week at the earliest, because a lot must be nailed down before a deal can be struck. However the fact these finer details are being discussed should certainly be cause for optimism among the many Bluebirds fans who want Bulut at the club when the next league season kicks off in August.

Bulut also revealed that it was not just about the duration of his contract, but also expanding his coaching staff and bolstering the recruitment department at the club.

Clearly, Bulut is a man full of ambition and if he was to stay on next season he would not be content with finishing mid-table. He would want a productive summer in order to better this season's league position come May. So, how would he do that?

"The first step has to be the signing of new players," he said. "Of course for this, budget is important. When we want to go to the next level, we have to focus on this and go in that direction. Not only me, everyone at the club.

"I think I put a bit of the winning mentality into the club and into the team, because it was lost here for the last years. I am expecting everyone to have that winning mentality. Not just the player on the field, the secretary here has to think like this. If we can manage to have that winning mentality then we are two steps ahead of some other clubs and towards the level where we want to be.

"It's not only players, you can have new players in, but only to bring the players in is not enough.

"Me and my coaching staff, I will try to make my coaching staff bigger for next season. Recruitment and scouts, we have to work on this. Already we've brought one or two scouts in. In every part we have to add a little bit so we can grow as a club."

International

Dimitrios Goutas on joining Cardiff:

“Erol Bulut contacted me and expressed his interest in my transfer to the team. I accepted the offer without hesitation, considering it a great honor to play under the guidance of an outstanding coach like Erol Bulut.”

David Turnbull on playing at Cardiff this season:

“I’ve had a good start, not an amazing one, I’ve still got a lot more to give and next season will be big for me. We have to push for the play-offs or higher.”

Limited experience and sh!te
    Managerial career
    2017–2019 Yeni Malatyaspor
    2019–2020 Alanyaspor
    2020–2021 Fenerbahçe
    2021–2023 Gaziantep
    2023– Cardiff City

Few years less experience for Bulut

Positive stuff, I'm starting to think he may stay after all, maybe Tan isn't playing games?

Erol Bulut reveals positive Cardiff City contract talks and specific details on table

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...gn=communities

The Bluebirds boss spoke ahead of the final game of the season against Rotherham United

Erol Bulut is pleased with how talks over his Cardiff City contract have gone and has laid out in greater detail what he hopes to change moving forward if a new deal is agreed.

The Bluebirds boss takes charge of the final game of his contract on Saturday when Cardiff face Rotherham up in Yorkshire. Bulut has overseen a rise from 21st in the table last year to 12th at time of writing - but the club could finish 10th if results go their way.

It's a marked improvement on battling relegation the last two seasons, of course, but still the manager's future remains in the air. However, he appeared positive with regards to how negotiations with the board have gone so far.

"The first talks were positive, this I can deliver to you," he said. "I think we have to look forward about duration, that I need something in front (of me) so that we can go on. I have tried to discuss this with Vincent (Tan) and Mehmet (Dalman). But the first talks last week were positive."

Bulut said the talks centred around ironing out some "details", which included the length of his contract. In his words, he doesn't want to feel like a "guest" for another season, but "part of the family".

"From my side there are no issues, I would like to stay," he added. "Because we have built something here. We have a start.

"I can also say that I have been a guest here for one year, now I want to be part of the family. I don't want to be a guest again for one more year, I want to be part of the family for the future. If we can handle this, with good plans for the future for Cardiff City Football Club, I will be in."

On the subject of length of any proposed deal, Bulut said: "This is the first step to build something together. This is the correct direction and how the club is thinking.

"To have a different manager or just a one-year contract, the players are also adapting differently, so you have to give a signal to the players, to the club, that this is our way and everyone has to adapt to this.

"When you have only a one-year contract you can't make long-term plans. When you have a three-year contract, you can make long-term plans. It depends on the target. Our target is clear, I don't need to hide anything. You know where we want to go.

"I cannot be happy to say three years after that we want to stay in the league. We would be lying to each other. This can't be the target of Cardiff City and not of Erol Bulut as manager."

The manager doesn't expect the situation to be wrapped up by this weekend. It will go into next week at the earliest, because a lot must be nailed down before a deal can be struck. However the fact these finer details are being discussed should certainly be cause for optimism among the many Bluebirds fans who want Bulut at the club when the next league season kicks off in August.

Bulut also revealed that it was not just about the duration of his contract, but also expanding his coaching staff and bolstering the recruitment department at the club.

Clearly, Bulut is a man full of ambition and if he was to stay on next season he would not be content with finishing mid-table. He would want a productive summer in order to better this season's league position come May. So, how would he do that?

"The first step has to be the signing of new players," he said. "Of course for this, budget is important. When we want to go to the next level, we have to focus on this and go in that direction. Not only me, everyone at the club.

"I think I put a bit of the winning mentality into the club and into the team, because it was lost here for the last years. I am expecting everyone to have that winning mentality. Not just the player on the field, the secretary here has to think like this. If we can manage to have that winning mentality then we are two steps ahead of some other clubs and towards the level where we want to be.

"It's not only players, you can have new players in, but only to bring the players in is not enough.

"Me and my coaching staff, I will try to make my coaching staff bigger for next season. Recruitment and scouts, we have to work on this. Already we've brought one or two scouts in. In every part we have to add a little bit so we can grow as a club."
    Not even anything to do with Bulut, but no manager should have that much control. Basically ripping it all up the moment they leave.

When will the club learn, its got to put its own structures in place?

Kicking you all around the board has become too easy. Back on nights tonight, im off to relax with a documentary and hopefully get an hours kip. Adios

International

Kicking you all around the board has become too easy. Back on nights tonight, im off to relax with a documentary and hopefully get an hours kip. Adios
    Aye have a good night and make sure you empty all the bins and give the toilet a good scrub you lazy ............

Not even anything to do with Bulut, but no manager should have that much control. Basically ripping it all up the moment they leave.

When will the club learn, its got to put its own structures in place?
    Hasn't it been stated that Tan is very much against a director of football following what happened with Ian Moody?

Aye have a good night and make sure you empty all the bins and give the toilet a good scrub you lazy ............
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mill...rsklasse=&w_s=

Not really sure why you'd belittle any job people do to earn a living. Just makes you look a prick.

Neil Harris nearly kept up a virtually relegated team - "By the time Harris took over, Millwall were already virtually, whilst not mathematically, relegated, however Harris went on to win 2 and draw 4 of his 9 games in charge, almost keeping the Lions in the Championship. "

Got them promoted at the second attempt. When you look at the mighty Leeds and how long it took them and others 2 years from league 1 is decent. The same year they reached the FA Cup Quarter Finals losing to spurs, they knocked out 3 PL teams on the way.

His first season in The Championship he finished 8th and got to the 4th round of the cup.

There's a list of players he bought, mostly free transfers and loans.

George Saville, Jake Cooper, Jed Wallace and Harry Toffolo they paid small fees for, they've either moved on to bigger clubs or been ever present since being brought in.

He took us to 5th

Bulut is being lauded for taking us top half. Teams get promoted from the league below with league one squads and do better..does this make Harris better than Bulut?

Not really sure why you'd belittle any job people do to earn a living. Just makes you look a prick.

Neil Harris nearly kept up a virtually relegated team - "By the time Harris took over, Millwall were already virtually, whilst not mathematically, relegated, however Harris went on to win 2 and draw 4 of his 9 games in charge, almost keeping the Lions in the Championship. "

Got them promoted at the second attempt. When you look at the mighty Leeds and how long it took them and others 2 years from league 1 is decent. The same year they reached the FA Cup Quarter Finals losing to spurs, they knocked out 3 PL teams on the way.

His first season in The Championship he finished 8th and got to the 4th round of the cup.

There's a list of players he bought, mostly free transfers and loans.

George Saville, Jake Cooper, Jed Wallace and Harry Toffolo they paid small fees for, they've either moved on to bigger clubs or been ever present since being brought in.

He took us to 5th

Bulut is being lauded for taking us top half. Teams get promoted from the league below with league one squads and do better..does this make Harris better than Bulut?
    Yeah I was puzzled why Harris sank to League 2 so quickly. I thought he was and always would be a decent championship manager. Good to see him back proving that with Millwall again.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hasn't it been stated that Tan is very much against a director of football following what happened with Ian Moody?
    It sounds like you know but for some reason aren't saying for certain. I'd forgotten all about Iain Moody tbh.

It's a bit of a silly stance to take wouldn't you say? Won't have a head of recruitment because of one incident, suppose he can't get away without a manager but he would if he could

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah I was puzzled why Harris sank to League 2 so quickly. I thought he was and always would be a decent championship manager. Good to see him back proving that with Millwall again.
    Lack of suitable jobs maybe? Not really sure, but he's not a bad manager by any stretch.

To be fair, the reason he sunk to League 2 was because he took Gillingham down with him

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair, the reason he sunk to League 2 was because he took Gillingham down with him

Predictable.

Just looking at the timings of what happened last season.

The season ended on 8th May
    Lamouchi "left" on 16th May
    Bulut was appointed on 3rd June

How long are they going to allow for talks with Bulut if they can't reach an agreement quickly? I'm sure there's no-one lined up to take over if they don't agree a contract extension, so goodness knows how long it'll take them to find a replacement.
    The transfer window opens on 14th June. This should all have been sorted ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Just looking at the timings of what happened last season.

The season ended on 8th May
    Lamouchi "left" on 16th May
    Bulut was appointed on 3rd June

How long are they going to allow for talks with Bulut if they can't reach an agreement quickly? I'm sure there's no-one lined up to take over if they don't agree a contract extension, so goodness knows how long it'll take them to find a replacement.
    The transfer window opens on 14th June. This should all have been sorted ages ago.
    I said in another thread i expect an announcement on the official website in the next couple of days thanking him for his service etc......

They probably just negotiating his silence claus now.

I said in another thread i expect an announcement on the official website in the next couple of days thanking him for his service etc......

If this does happen it will be interesting what Dalman has to say as he was very enthusiastic over his appointment

Personally, if that happens I think we will miss his presents

Frustrating that all the talk is about Bulut, should he stay? Should he go? Short contract? Longer contract? When the obvious clear out should be those at a higher level, their bollock drops, ineptitude & refusal to learn from previous hopelessness has created this merry go round we can’t get off. They’re less than part timers in what is definitely a full on, full time job. Are they doing it as some sort of f*cking hobby? Cardiff City is a multi million pound concern that deserves and desperately needs undivided, uninterrupted full time administration. We won’t move on until we’ve got boardroom personnel who are 100% committed to the club, not just dipping in and out. How often are Dalman & Choo actually in Cardiff? They’re supposed to be in charge, the bosses with their fingers on the pulse. Who’s making vital decisions in their absence? Wayne Nash and his cronies? I despair!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Personally, if that happens I think we will miss his presents
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Frustrating that all the talk is about Bulut, should he stay? Should he go? Short contract? Longer contract? When the obvious clear out should be those at a higher level, their bollock drops, ineptitude & refusal to learn from previous hopelessness has created this merry go round we can’t get off. They’re less than part timers in what is definitely a full on, full time job. Are they doing it as some sort of f*cking hobby? Cardiff City is a multi million pound concern that deserves and desperately needs undivided, uninterrupted full time administration. We won’t move on until we’ve got boardroom personnel who are 100% committed to the club, not just dipping in and out. How often are Dalman & Choo actually in Cardiff? They’re supposed to be in charge, the bosses with their fingers on the pulse. Who’s making vital decisions in their absence? Wayne Nash and his cronies? I despair!!!!!

Managerial career
    2017–2019 Yeni Malatyaspor
    2019–2020 Alanyaspor
    2020–2021 Fenerbahçe
    2021–2023 Gaziantep
    2023– Cardiff City

Few years less experience for Bulut
    NCB the post avoiding King